PDA

View Full Version : Ohana or California Grill

remy1014
11-15-2010, 07:20 AM
We have one night and plan to schedule the meal around Wishes. It will be 2 adults and 2 kids 6,7.

Which would you pick? Any factors besides price since I know about the difference. Better view of Wishes, kids enjoyment, food?

Help, I really want to get my ADR's set before they shut down the site.

SBETigg
11-15-2010, 07:51 AM
California Grill has a much better view of Wishes and a better viewing area, in case your table does not have a view. There's no way to get a guaranteed view at 'Ohana. You can't see Wishes well from the entire seating area. If your goal is eating and viewing Wishes, there's really no contest. It's California Grill.

MOJoe
11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
These are two very different dining experiences. Ohana is family style dining with entertainment and games for kids. While Cali Grill has an upscale menu and extensive wine list. Your kids will love Ohana for the fun. You will love Cali Grill for the food and the view.

As stated, if seeing Wishes from the restaurant is your main consideration, then it's Cali Grill all the way. However, as a compromise, if you can get an early ADR at Ohana, you can eat there and watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly after you are done. Allow for plenty of time if you choose to do this, as dinner at Ohana can take over 2 hours.

Kaps
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I prefer ohanas for the entertainment and food. You also can view wishes from the beach listen to the same music and watch the water parade in bay lake. :party:

pox24
11-16-2010, 03:06 PM
No contest... The California Grille:thumbsup:

boobalk
11-16-2010, 03:29 PM
CG NO CONTEST:waycool:

wdw dude
11-18-2010, 08:10 AM
No Contest...'Ohana :tikki:

:mickey:

joonyer
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
These are two really different places. CG will cost a lot more, but is much more of an upscale place. But for family fun, 'Ohana is tops on our list. The view from Cali Grill is fabulous, but our kids weren't that interested in the food part of the experience. Now just the wife and I go to CG.

Captain_Nemo
11-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I Ohana just wait til you get the desert.....mmmmmmmmmm CG is more casual adult dining in my opinion.

r4kids
11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
OHANA 100%%%%%%%%% !!! :mickey:

disney1122
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Ohana for sure!

AZ Disney
11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
CG for sure!

wire0monkey
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
CG

INHO, the food at Ohana is mediocre. (I'd rather eat at Kona Cafe, if I'm at the Poly.) The service is good, but not any special. It's also really loud in there, and my oldest DS doesn't like the noise. He holds his ears a lot at Ohana. The beach at the Poly is pretty, but the castle and the fireworks are really far away.

I really love CG. It's a very nice relaxing meal with a great view of the fireworks. The food is very good, and it has plenty of choices for kids. They carry a California wine list that is really great. The kids and I usually wander out on the roof after we order and look at MK or look at the lake. The view from the roof of CG is almost on top of Tomorrowland.

CG is more expensive than Ohana. It's a Deluxe dining experience, so if you're on the meal plan it's two TS credits. Ohana is one TS credit.

big blue and hairy
11-23-2010, 03:54 PM
To me this question is a lot like one I saw before. It was asked, should I bring my kids to the California Grill? Unfortunately, the answer to that is it depends on your kids. If they enjoy that kind of atmosphere and don't get bored and restless and impede on anyone else's experience, by all means take them. If that kind of thing just isn't for your kids, go for Ohana.

:sulley:

LandFan
11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
We don't like Cali Grill very much (I know, I know, we are in the minority, lol). We thought O'hana was much more fun and had better Disney ambiance. Cali Grill was just like any other fine dining experience to us (with the exception of the view of MK, of course). I think kids would have a MUCH more fun experience at O'hana!

lovin'fl
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
We've never done Cali Grill, but my inlaws have...several times. They used to love it and really sung it's praises, but weren't diggin' it the last couple of times. But Ohana is still their fave and ours as well. It is very delish!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Cali Grill was one of our best meals with the absolute best service anywhere. But we were two adults. We went out on the walkway to watch the fireworks and the view was great.
Ohanas was also fun but we didn't go to see the fireworks. Ohana is the more family friendly choice I think.