PDA

View Full Version : AK crowded on an evening EMH day - in late Jan?

ewasilau
11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi,

We're planning our park days and are looking to minimize crowds, particularly in a park in which we won't have a full day. We are thinking of doing AK on our last day, which will get cut short around 3 pm so that we can catch our flight home. Will AK be crowded on a Wed in late January because of evening EMH? Or just more crowded than a usual weekday?

Thanks!

Nini
11-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Hi,

According to another website that guesstimates what crowds will be like, Jan. 26th in the AK is expected to be a 3 out of 10. Most days that week are 2's or 3's, so it doesn't seem that the evening EMH will make that much difference.

The week before however (1/19), is expected to be a 6/10. I guess this is due to Martin Luther King's birthday being celebrated the Monday before.

Keep in mind that these are just their best guesses, but it does give an idea of what to expect.

Hope this helps!
Denise :mickey:

Gator
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I've never seen the AK crowded in Jan/early Feb. Even on Saturday's it's not real bad for crowds compared to when I hit it in the summer.

BigThunderFan
11-15-2010, 03:34 PM
As long as you get there early you should be fine. Most people that go to Evening EMH think they can sleep in and go later since the park is open later... hint hint...

BriarRose0708
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Since you are going at a traditionally less crowded time, this may not apply to you but I have found that evening EMH at Animal Kingdom is more crowded than other parks during EMH. This is mainly because the attractions are so limited after nightfall, and the majority of guests during EMH gather around Everest, Kali River Rapids (and at night in January, BRRR!), Dinosaur and in Dinoland, and maybe Tough to Be A Bug. Wait times increased by 20 to 30 minutes at least! There aren't additional showings of Lion King or Nemo, the last safari is typically at park closing and the animal trails also close up. I found that it was much less crowded and more time effective to be in the park during regular hours. However, AK is absolutely gorgeous to see at night! The Tree of Life lit up and the pretty lights and lamp posts are worth a stroll around after the sun goes down and Everest is fun to take a spin on once or twice in complete blackness. So stay for maybe the first hour and then head back to your hotel or to another park that is open until 9 or 10 p.m.

bob6572
11-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Our favorite time to go. We've been on EE 4 times before the park officlally opens on a EMH day. I think it's a great idea and you'll be good to go by 3.