PDA

View Full Version : Disney 1/2 Marathon - help needed

B.R. Guest
11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm doing my first Disney Mini Marathon on the 8th of January. It will be my 5th Mini within the calendar year so the distance isn't a big deal. The logistics, where to park, when to pick up packets, what to carry with me, etc...is uncharted territory. I'm staying at the Royal Plaza with a rental car. When's a good time to pick my bib and packet up? I assume that bus service on Saturday will not go to that hotel. I plan to drive but I wasn't sure what time to arrive at Epcot. What time should I get to my corral? I see that we get a camera...should I get a fanny pack and carry it with me for pix along the course? Like I say, I have my routines for all my other races but I'm clueless for this one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Greenlawler
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm doing my first Disney Mini Marathon on the 8th of January. It will be my 5th Mini within the calendar year so the distance isn't a big deal. The logistics, where to park, when to pick up packets, what to carry with me, etc...is uncharted territory. I'm staying at the Royal Plaza with a rental car. When's a good time to pick my bib and packet up? I assume that bus service on Saturday will not go to that hotel. I plan to drive but I wasn't sure what time to arrive at Epcot. What time should I get to my corral? I see that we get a camera...should I get a fanny pack and carry it with me for pix along the course? Like I say, I have my routines for all my other races but I'm clueless for this one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

No worries, 2 Goofy Challenges and three Marathons for me. Parking is free and no problem. They will guide you to the Epcot parking lot.

You can pick the packets up anytime on Friday. The lines will vary in length, sometimes we go and have to wait ten minutes, other times we have no wait at all.

Take with you everything you would for a normal marathon, you will want a camera! Bring a sweatshirt or pants , last year it was cold!!!! Bring one you would not mind giving away. They donate all the cast aside clothing to charity.

You can find out about what time to get there on Saturday at the Expo. I usually get there around 4:30 if I remember correctly.

Relax and stick to your regular game plan. The sweatshirt, and the camera are the only additions. Do not try for a Personal Record enjoy the scenery, and have fun.