PDA

View Full Version : Royal Plaza near Downtown Disney

B.R. Guest
11-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm doing the Disney Mini Marathon on January 8th. I didn't know until last week that I was going to be able to go. I belong to the DVC but all the studio rooms are booked. I was able to find a room at the Royal Plaza on the Disney property. I stayed there as a teenager in 1975 but that was 35 years ago! What's it like now? It's pretty much the only option I have in my price range. Some of the comments I've seen on line are less than complementary of this hotel. Any input would be appreciated.

wolfhog
11-17-2010, 03:46 AM
I've stayed there twice (the last time 3 yrs ago)
and have never had any problems with the hotel. The buses to the parks were the only thing that was inconvenient.

Mousemates
11-19-2010, 10:41 PM
we've stayed at several of the DD resorts through the years and like a previous poster our only real issue was the bus service...not nearly as timely as Disneys on-property--but I wouldn't necessarily let it be a deal breaker...most of the time it seems that your simply dealing with waiting about fifteen minutes longer than you would for a disney bus.

mac badger
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
stayed there 2 weeks ago, just for one night. we were barely there as we got in at midnight and checked out the next morning. it was fine, the pool area seemed nice, bed was pretty comfy. my main problem was that they charged $10 for parking and an $8 "resort fee", neither of which i found on their website. when we complained about it, the clerk just shrugged. so watch out for that