PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years Later!! Please Recommend Attractions!

Disney World Dad
11-14-2010, 07:18 AM
We havn't been to Disney in 5 long years. If someone could list a quick bullet-point list of rides/attractions for "Must See" for EPCOT ,Disney & MGM ; we'd appreciate your help!
Disney World Dad!!! 30 days left!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Gregandmel
11-14-2010, 07:59 AM
How exciting for you & your family! It was 11 years between trips #1 & #2 for us and boy had it changed! Here are our favorite "Not to Miss" attractions but you will get plenty of input from everyone Im sure! I don't know the ages of your family members, but we have 2 boys ages 10 & 19 who love the high thrill stuff

Epcot: Soarin' & Test Track

Hollywood Studios (used to be called MGM): Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster

Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Mickey's Philharmonic & the train! (love the train!)

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest and the Kilamanjaro Safari.

These are kind of the major no-brainers that are listed as some of the most popular. But we love them all actually! Enjoy your trip during the Holidays! HOw exciting for you all!!!

Scar
11-14-2010, 08:26 AM
I suppose I'll be the first to point out that Epcot and MGM (now DHS) are Disney, and you left out Magic Kingdom. ;)

GoofyforFun
11-14-2010, 09:33 AM
It all depends on the ages of course. Likes and dislikes--

MK-- Mickey's Philharmonic (3-D show) is one many people walk right bye--and all ages enjoy. Took family that had never seen on a previous trip and loved it. Of course all of the Mts. Haunted mansion just had a refurb.
AK- The new rides are Kali Rapids and Expedition Everest for exciting rides. Finding Nemo is a new show, very good. I still enjoy Bugs Life. Again depends what ages and if they seen it. Festival of the Lion King show

DHS (MGM)- TOT, RNR for thrill seekers. Also some good shows to see for a variety of ages.

Epcot- new since last trip may be Soarin, Test Track.. Show - Turtle talk with Crush is Awesome Dude.

One thing some people never do is the openings of each park. Its some Magic in the Morning and for little ones some good photo ops with characters.

finaldynasty
11-14-2010, 09:39 AM
What are the ages of you kids? I have found that my 8 year old has much different interest then when he was 3 or 4. He can ride coasters and would do so now all day and skip almost everything else.

Disney World Dad
11-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for all the recommendations..I can't wait to try out the new 'refurb' Haunted Mansion!

Our little one will be almost 2...too young for most of the rides for now I"m sure of!

John:mickey:

BriarRose0708
11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Let's see, Toy Story Midway Mania! is new at Hollywood Studios. It is a great ride and similar to Buzz Lightyear, and it has grown very popular so if you want to experience it get to the park early and make it your first stop. Of course, for the adults in your party Tower of Terror and Rock n' Rollercoaster are always great. The "parade" is new too, and it will be discontinued soon so if your kids love Pixar characters and have some energy to burn off they may like Block Party Bash.

BelleKP
11-14-2010, 12:41 PM
John . . . you will be surprised at how much your 2 year old WILL be able to do. Our eldest was 2 the first time we took her and we had a blast! Obviously the mountains are out, but you can always use Child Swap if you want to still ride them yourselves.
Must Sees for a two year old:
MK: EVERYTHING!! (except the mountains), our DD loved Pooh, Philharmagic, IASM and Buzz
EP: The fountains!! Kidcot stations around the 'world', Finding Nemo
DHS: Toy Story Mania, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, Muppets, Fantasmic!
AK: The Boneyard, Kilimanjaro, Conservation Station, and if it will keep your little ones attention . .. the lion king and nemo musicals, they are amazing!!

Have a great time!:mickey:

SBETigg
11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
My Must See per park:

MK:
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion

Epcot:
Soarin'
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Maelstrom
Shopping around World Showcase

DHS:
Toy Story Midway Mania
Great Movie Ride
Rock n Roller Coaster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

AK:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safari

There are plenty of things I would hate to miss besides the list of must-sees, but these are the ones I absolutely would be disappointed to miss.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Must Do's:

Animal Kingdom:
For adults and teens-Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Tough To Be a Bug
Safari

DHS:
Rockin Roller Coaster-for adults and teens
Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones Show
Muppets 3D
Toy Story Mania
Fantasmic

Epcot:
Test Track
Mission Space
Turtle Talk
Maelstrom
Spaceship Earth
World Showcase
Illuminations

Magic Kingdom:
Nighttime parade
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribean
Mickey's Philharmonic
Peter Pan
Buzz Lightyear
Carosaul of Progress
Jungle Cruise

SpecJoe Magic
11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Since a lot of people have already made great lists full of both older and newer attractions, I will just list the attractions that have opened within the past 5 years that you may not have experienced yet.

Soarin'
Lights, Motors, Action!
Toy Story Midway Mania
Pixar Block Party Bash Parade
Nemo's Undersea Adventure
Turtle Talk with Crush
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

That's all I can think of right now. I honestly believe that every attraction I've listed is worth doing at least once and a few of them (Soarin', Toy Story Mania, Turtle Talk, Laugh Floor) are truly great attractions in my opinion.

Gator
11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Everyone loves the attractions that Disney creates, but for me, it's not WDW without fireworks. I travel across the country because Disneyland won't do fireworks each night unless it's the summer. Make sure to catch all the fireworks at the three parks that offer them.

finaldynasty
11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
My suggestion would for a 2 year old would be the Playhouse Disney show at DHS. In addition, the Beauty and the Beast show and Toy Story Mania.

Kaps
11-16-2010, 11:04 AM
MK: Space mountain, Splash mountain, Philharmagic
Epcot: Soarin, Illuminations
HS: Tower of terror, Rock n roller coaster, Osborne spectacle of lights (Just saw it and they are really a must see if you can fit it in)
AK: Kali river rapids, Expedition Everest

lawgirl
11-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Our main (newest) favorites are:

EPCOT:
Soarin'
Mission Space

AK:
Expedition Everest

MK:
I've heard Space Mountain has been updated...we are going in 3 weeks, so we'll have to check it out ourselves...

As far as DS goes, we always love Rock'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror...think those are both older than 5 years. Definitely our favorites. Toy Story Mania is supposed to be awesome too.

lawgirl
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah...almost forgot Philharmagic in MK. We LOVE this one!!!

Jack Skellington
11-18-2010, 04:38 PM
John,

We were just there with our 18 month old.

Here is a thread I started in preparation for the trip. My last post in the thread details the things the kiddo liked/loved/hated:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=175982

Best of luck. You will enjoy it.

JS:mickey:

crltkcagle
11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
With a two year old you can't miss playhouse disney live at Hollywood Studios! Our youngest was 2 on his first trip and he remembers everything! He also enjoyed riding the train that year in MK and Nemo in Epcot.

Not2Loud
11-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Toy Story Mania is a new must in recent years. One Man's Dream just re-opened, so worth checking out.

I am always a fan of Everest at AK.

Otherwise, just enjoy it all!