PDA

View Full Version : Shipping luggage?

xrayqueen
11-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Hello all! My husband and I are debating what to do with our luggage. We are flying in Dec 5 and Delta charges $23 for the first bag, $32 for the second. We have 2 kids so we have to have 2 bags. We are looking into shipping it to CSR ahead. Has anyone ever done this? I see CSR charges to retrieve the packages. What do you do when you leave? Do they have a shipping area to repack/resend at CSR? I really appreciate all your sage advice. :confused:

wdwfan
11-13-2010, 08:17 AM
I've not done this, but think it's more than 23.00 to ship. I shipped 10x10x10 box weighing 12 lbs and it was about 12.00 to ship from OH to Disney hotel.
Since you have two bags, check one in your name for 23.00, and one in husbands name for 23.00. Don't pay the extra by checking both bags in same persons name. They don't have area to repack, after you have it packed up you can take to guest services and they will ship for you.
If you do check your bags with DL, when you leave you can take advantage of using RAC and they will check you and your bags, print boarding passes, and transport your bags back to MCO, then you just pick up when you get to home airport.

MagicalGuest
11-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Are your kids old enough to wheel carry-ons? We just went with our two kids in August. Checked one bag and all four of us brought carry-ons. It was more than enough space.

Another idea from a Disney friend — all of the resorts have laundry facilities. She packs only enough for 3-4 days and puts on a load of wash halfway through the trip while the kids swim. So they check no bags.

Madame Leona
11-13-2010, 10:47 AM
I priced out shipping out luggage vs bag check with Delta and bag check won hands down. I wish I could remember the price but all I remember was being blown away by how much it would have cost to ship our things. I think it cost close to what our airfair was costing :(