PDA

View Full Version : Transportation

Dreamin' of Disney
11-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Looking for some advice on the easiest mode of transportation for my DH from Orlando International Airport to the Magic Kingdom area?

Here's the scenario. Family and I are driving down on Thanksgiving Day. He's flying in to meet us on Tuesday 11/30. His flight lands at MCO around 2:20pm. We'll be at Wilderness Lodge for lunch and then will be going to the Poly and GF to see the Xmas decos' and over to the MVMCP for the evening. Last time he flew into meet us, the MEARS lady told him that he should have just taken magic express over to meet us. But we aren't staying on site, so I'm not sure how he could do this. Though he is likely gonna just go to the Polynesian to meet us. Should he just go to the MEARS desk again, or will he have luck going on Magic Express?

faline
11-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Only guests staying at Disney World resorts can use Magical Express. Your Magical Express reservation must be booked in advance and includes your reservation information.

A comfortable and convenient way of getting to your location would be to use Quicksilver Tours (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/).

Strmchsr
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
If you're not staying on site, DME is not an option. That is only for on-site guests. However, I would recommend Quicksilver. The town car service would be the fastest, most pleasant way for him to be able to join you. Check the link under the Intercot sponsors.

Dreamin' of Disney
11-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you everyone! That is what I thought. He did end up taking the MEARS shuttle last time, as well, but the lady at the desk was the one that had mentioned it. I'll have to give Quick Silver a look. :mickey:

DisneyDudet
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
The best part about the town car service is that they will be waiting for him, and it will be only him. Mears tends to put a few groups together, so that can take time.

Just a question... What will he do with his luggage?