PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this?

mom2mickeyfan
11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
We are heading to Disney for a quick trip to see Disney at Christmas time. We are doing the party one night and spending the next time park hopping to hit our favorites at HS and Epcot and then to see the Osborne Lights. We already have the ticket for this one day. My mom is coming along with us and has a park time from our trip this past summer but her ticket doesn't have hopper on it. I know we can't upgrade and add park hopper to her ticket because it was used for the first time over 14 days ago.

So...she says she just wants to hang out in Epcot alone and when we get there, we can meet up. We are wanting to do HS first so we will be able to do TSM without a long wait and let DS see Playhouse Disney one last time the way it is now.

What I am wondering is, can we all go to HS together and my mom take a bus over to Epcot? We aren't staying on-site and I'm not looking to break any rules...just trying to figure out the best way to get us to 2 different parks in the early morning. Mom is mostly interested in World Showcase at Epcot so she isn't worried about being there at rope drop.

Disney Hungarian
11-11-2010, 11:39 PM
The first question that came to my mind is; if the ticket is over 14 days old, did you buy the no expiration add on? If you did not, then the park admission days expired after the 14th day too.

As for your direct question. Yes, if you have a valid park ticket. The park tickets come with unlimited use of the transportation system.

From HS it would be easier to take the water taxi (boat) to Epcot and go in through the international gateway. Your mom will be right there at France and the UK and not have to walk through Future World.

Hope yall have fun!

mom2mickeyfan
11-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks again Disney Hungarian for helping me out. We do have no expiration. We purchased 10 no expiration park hopping tickets and make them last for 3 trips by only do the parks 3 days each year.

Where is the water taxi pick up spot located at HS? We will be at HS at rope drop. Will she arrive too early at Epcot and not be let in through the international gateway until 11:00? Also...does anyone know if the boat is open air or will there be a way to get out of the cold air?

mom2mickeyfan
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Just looked at a map and see when the water taxi pick up spot is at HS.

Disney Hungarian
11-12-2010, 12:07 AM
She will be allowed to enter through the International Gateway. Yet, the World Showcase will not open till 11. She could do the Land pavilion and the Living Seas while waiting for the World Showcase to open.

Disney Hungarian
11-12-2010, 12:11 AM
I forgot to add there is indoor and outdoor seating on the water taxis. She might even want to get off at the Boardwalk and get a stroll to Epcot. It is very nice in the mornings. Maybe grab a muffin or bagel and a coffee.

DisneyDudet
11-12-2010, 12:18 AM
There will be plenty of CMs around directing guests to the open areas of Epcot. Like a PP said, she can wait in Future World until the WS opens up. If she is a walker, she can also walk to Epcot, but it is a decently long walk, about 15 min. It is a very nice walk, though.

If she chooses the boat, she can stop at one of the Epcot resorts and walk around and explore before heading to Epcot. Boardwalk has things to see, plus a bakery where she can pick up coffee or a breakfast pastry.

They have added a bus between Epcot and DHS, but I'm not sure when it starts running. This would take her to the front of the park.

mom2mickeyfan
11-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Can I ask what stops the water taxi makes besides HS and Epcot?

DisneyWFan
11-12-2010, 05:36 AM
The water taxi stops at the Dolphin/Swan The Boardwalk And the Yacht/Beach Club in that order when coming from HS it is a very relaxing way to get from HS and Epcot and usually not as crowded as the buses :thumbsup:

Scar
11-12-2010, 07:57 AM
The above info is slightly wrong. The order is:

DHS - S&D - Y&BC - Boardwalk - Epcot

Then reversed from Epcot to DHS.

Melanie
11-12-2010, 08:00 AM
The above info is slightly wrong. The order is:

DHS - S&D - Y&BC - Boardwalk - Epcot

Then reversed from Epcot to DHS.

This is correct. We do it often, but usually get off at the Yacht & Beach Club or Boardwalk and then walk to the International Gateway. Great stroll, and I think your mom would enjoy it.

faline
11-12-2010, 09:36 AM
As noted, anyone with a valid Disney ticket is welcome to use all the different modes of Disney transportation.

If you arrive at Hollywood studios and are approaching the large plaza out in front - before you even get to security, look all the way over to the right along the water way. You'll see the boat dock there. Essentially,it is located right outside the Fantasmic arena.

Although World showcase does not open until 11, folks are allowed to enter through the International Gateway as soon as Epcot opens. They are then allowed to stroll through the English and Canadian pavilions (though those pavilions are not open) to reach the areas of the park that are opened.

mom2mickeyfan
11-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks so much guys!! Is the walk from Yacht & Beach Club or Boardwalk easy to find your way to Epcot? My mom can get lost in a brown paper bag! LOL

Daisy712
11-13-2010, 09:31 AM
We did the walk this summer from the Boardwalk. Just follow the boardwalk around to the bridge, cross the bridge and head right. It will take you to the gateway. It is a great walk. We enjoyed it even when it was close to 100 degrees. I was surprised how fast we got there.

Scar
11-13-2010, 11:45 AM
The walk is easy. If she needs help, just ask anyone, CM's or guests, and 99.9% will know which way to point.