PDA

View Full Version : Wine & Dine Half Marathon - impact on crowds?

Gregandmel
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I was curious for anyone who happened to participate, or was at WDW the tail-end of September/beginning of October when the start of the Food & Wine Festival began and the Wine & dine 1/2 marathon was held. We are trying to figure out some dates which might work & are looking at the last week of Sept. for 2011 going through the 1st weekend of October (specifically 9/28 - 10/2). Looks like the 1/2 marathon is being held that weekend and wondered what the impact would be on crowds & also the Food & Wine festival. Would love to be able to go to the Food & Wine festival either Friday or Saturday (during the day - not necessarily the evening) so wondered what anyone's thoughts were on the impact at the resorts or parks. Thanks for any info!!!!!

Melanie
11-12-2010, 08:16 AM
It's the first weekend, and I think regardless of the 1/2 marathon, it will be/is crowded. That's really true of any weekend during the festival.

A tip though - this year I was able to go to the soft opening of the F&WF on that Thursday (the day before the official opening of the festival), and crowds weren't that bad. It's always best to be in the World Showcase right at 11am and enjoy the eats early before the crowds pick up late afternoon.