PDA

View Full Version : Where Are My Rocking Chairs?

Marker
11-11-2010, 10:40 AM
On our recent trip to Walt Disney World, on a coolish afternoon preceding our evening at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, my daughter and I made our way to Tom Sawyer Island, took the path to the right and headed straight for Aunt Pollys to enjoy a few relaxing moments on one of the rocking chairs that sit (or sat) on porch. To my dismay, the rocking chairs were inexcusably gone. I was rather disappointed indeed.

We sat for a brief moment on the steal patio table chairs, but that was by no means the Rocking Chair moment I've come to love over the years.

"Oh Well" I thought, there's still Exposition Hall on the way out tonight, my second most favorite Rocking Chair spot of Walt Disney World. I love sitting there at the end of the day, watching the crowd wander out. But alas, those rocking chairs were gone too!! Perhaps as a result of the construction there, but still GONE.

I did eventually find a rocking chair on the porch of the shop near Haunted Mansion. And while that can be a good spot too, for me it pales in comparison to my former favorite spots.

To top off the disappointment of discovering my favorite relaxation spot had been dismantled, as we boarded the boat to escape Tom Sawyer Island, I asked what had become of the Rocking Chairs. The response left me less than satisfied, "Hmmm, I don't know, they must have moved them".

Here's to hoping the Rocking Chairs return. I mean, a quiet location, a comfy rocking chair, a river, a riverboat, the streets of FrontierLand across the river, close enough to watch, but far enough to be momentarily apart from the madness. There was no better spot.

Daisy'sMom
11-11-2010, 12:51 PM
There are a couple outside the exit to the HOP to our right. They are perfect for the parades too. :secret:

Melanie
11-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I looked yesterday when I was in the MK for my favorite rocking chairs outside Liberty Tree Tavern and they are also gone. :(

Ian
11-16-2010, 07:42 AM
My Mom said the same thing after her trip over Columbus Day weekend.

I seem to recall, though, that during more crowded times of the year they sometimes remove them to make more room.

Could just be a temporary thing? I mean, I can't imagine that rocking chairs are some big expense they've decided to cut back on. :confused: