PDA

View Full Version : Kidani Village to AK walkable and tips for transportation

Mad About Mickey
11-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Just booked a stay at KIdani Village:woohoo: and was wondering if it is possible to walk to Animal Kingdom from there? We will be using the Disney transportation system our entire stay so any tips to and from Kidani Village would be greatly appreciated.

:mickey: Thanks :mickey:

faline
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
There's really no safe way to walk from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom. There are no sidewalks and it's a very busy road and while it's just a short bus ride away, I would suspect it's a fairly long walk.

sassafras
11-11-2010, 10:39 AM
The buses pick up first at Kidani Village except for the Downtown Disney bus, which picks up at Jambo House first. We were just there in Sept. and didn't have too long to wait for any bus. Never tried to walk to the AK or Jambo, seemed like quite a hike!

Scar
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Possible - yes

Advisable - no

I advocate walking as much as possible at WDW, many places others would not, and even I wouldn't do it.

Gator
11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Getting from Kidani to Jambo House is easy: catch any bus and it will go by Jambo next. Getting back is difficult. Me, the wife, and 2 kids walked back to Kidani after dinner....and it isn't really close. You have to walk through parking lots and sidewalks to get back. It's pretty but it's far - even compared to staying at moderate resorts. Maybe someone will come along with a better way to get back.

Scar
11-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Getting from Kidani to Jambo House is easy: catch any bus ...

Maybe someone will come along with a better way to get back.Not any bus.

Someone already has.

The buses pick up first at Kidani Village except for the Downtown Disney bus, which picks up at Jambo House first.

Mad About Mickey
11-12-2010, 06:56 PM
:mickey: Thanks for all the responses, I guess we'll leave the walking till we get to the park. Excited to here that the park buses pick up at Kidani first, was a little worried of having the buses fill up at AKL before they got to us :mickey:.

MyDisneyworld
11-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Just came back from kidani a few weeks ago and the buses were great. Never waited more than a few minutes for a bus to show up. It was pretty crowded though after the jambo house pickup and ended up standing many trips so other moms with small kids or older couples could sit.