PDA

View Full Version : Our Halloween Getaway!!! And we finally go home.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Tues., Nov. 2

Today we were up early. We packed up the car and headed to the gift shop for Landon to buy his Toy Story 3 DVD. He wanted to be the first to buy it, but he was the second. It was nice that each DVD came with a $5 Disney gift card. We kept it for our next trip in March. Both boys didn't want to leave. Collin had teared up a bit on the monorail last night and today was Landon's turn. These boys are definitely their mother's children. LOL. We got in the car and drove to McDonald's. They wanted to eat at the McDonald's in WDW for some reason. We had a quick breakfast and then were on our way home. We had a very quick and easy drive home.

We had a wonderful trip. The weather was perfect, we found a new favorite resort, and managed to somehow extend our time in WDW again and again. I don't think we'll do another vacation like this again. We really enjoyed all we did and it really didn't bother us to not go into the other parks, but it’s not something I'd plan to do again. I am glad we did it this way for this trip. The boys and I were looking for a relaxing break and this way we had no pressure to do everything in the parks. It really made for the perfect getaway for us at this time. I did not really care for Universal, but the boys love, love, loved the Harry Potter land so I guess we'll be back. Except for the one rude CM at POFQ, and her less than helpful supervisor, the CMs were great on this trip, which I was so happy about after our June trip where it seemed there were more rude CMs than great ones. I’ve heard/read lots of complaints about CMs and the parks over the past few months. I have to say that everything was in great condition on this trip. The party was great. This is the only party we hadn't been to and it did not disappoint. We had a magical time and can't wait to be back again in 4 short months for Mardi Gras, and to celebrate Landon's 9th birthday the day after Mardi Gras.

Thank you so much for reading.

Joannelet
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Thank you so much for such a wonderful trip report! Your family sounds amazing! You should be proud :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the report

faline
11-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks so much for your reports! I've really enjoyed following you and your boys around on your Disney trip!

mouseketeer mom
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh! Going home stinks!! But thankfully you are going back in March!

RedSoxFan
11-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Enjoyed your trip reports. Sounds like you all had a nice relaxing vacation. And you'll be back there soon enough.:mickey:

cer
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Such a nice trip. Thank you for sharing! :mickey:

Suz36
11-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Sounds like it was just what you guys needed. A big thank you to you, your husband and family for the sacrifices you make for our country - it is immensely appreciated!

Melanie
11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Great reports Denise! I'm glad you all will be back so soon and with Dad to enjoy it as well. :flag:

MIKESMOM
11-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Thank you for your great reports! I really enjoyed reading them.:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :balloon:

MizMissy
11-15-2010, 09:00 AM
I loved reading your reports. Glad you had a nice trip - seemed to be very relaxing and a good break. Although, I can't imagine being that close to the parks and not going in! I'm surprised you do not have APs.
I have several friends waiting for their husbands to return home from Iraq in December (probably the same unit) and I know it's been a long year -- I'm happy you and the kids enjoyed your well deserved break -- and December is just around the corner!

KylesMom
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Denise, thanks for sharing your memories with us! I'm glad you were able to get away with the boys and your mom. It sounds like you had yet another magical time. Looking forward to your next trip! :mickey:

vizsla
11-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the report.