PDA

View Full Version : The Week AFTER Thanksgiving...

MinniesMom
11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Just noticed that a few other people seem to be going the week after Thanksgiving as well. It used to be a quiet week but has now become extremely popular! Just curious, did you get the resort that you wanted and did you go with the free dining or 40% off?

Our 1st & 2nd choice hotels were booked for both discounts and we booked early (even w/a pin!) Also w/free dining all the usual restaurants are booked solid that entire week - did you get the meals that you wanted?

Disney4us2
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
My first choice was POFQ, but they were all sold out for the free dining packages. We will be at CBR.

I got all the dining I wanted as I booked them at 180 days out, before I booked the package. I got everything I wanted with the exception of a late dinner at 'Ohana.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Last year we arrived the Friday before Thanksgiving, and didn't leave until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. We saw a sudden and drastic drop in crowds on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Actually the whole trip was much less crowded than our trip the same week in 2007, and the crowds seemed to start to thin out on Saturday, but by Sunday it felt as if half the guests had gone home. I think you'll be fine. Enjoy your trip, its my favorite time to visit WDW!

gauvin4
11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
We are staying at AKL using the 40% pin code. This is the resort we wanted and had no trouble getting it. 19 more day!!! :cloud9:

nfrustaci
11-10-2010, 04:54 PM
We had no problems getting our choice hotel. We also chose the dining plan since they were giving it away. It made sence to us since we have a 2 year old and he loves the character meals. Prior to our son we never did the free dining because we just ate when and what we wanted. We also made our adr 180 days prior to vacation so we got everything we wanted. We also opted for the diners outside of the park. This will be the first time doing that as well. We thought that since we were there during the holiday decorations that it would be nice to see as many hotels as possible. In all the years that my husband and i have gone we were never there for the xmas decorations. Looking forward to this trip. Have a great trip and maybe we will see you there. We will be arriving on the 28th ( sunday after thanksgiving) and staying until the 4th of december.

r4kids
11-11-2010, 07:32 AM
We did get the resort we wanted CSR, 2 rooms water view. We also opted for free dining. We are a party of 9. Myself, DH and DD 16, DS 13, DD 10, DD 7, our 3 little foster babies DD 4, DD 2, DS 1. With all that we saved tons with free dining!! Whewww if you see a huge group with kids screaming in excitement it's us!! We also got all the dining we wanted. Nov 26-Dec 5.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Since we are a family of 5 our choices for resort were limited. Crunching the numbers getting the free ddp for 5 was better than room only discount at POR. We got into POR-AB which was our first choice. If POR had not been available we seriously would have weighed not going unless maybe a 40% discount would have been available at WL (I know Poly had no more 40% discounts).