PDA

View Full Version : Our Halloween Getaway!!! Day 1

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Thursday, Oct. 28th

Today the first thing I heard when I woke up was Landon saying "We are in Disney World!"

We got up, got dressed, and were headed to Downtown Disney. This was my kid’s request. First they wanted to stop in the gift shop at Sports to look around. Both my kids and I love to shop, and it really gets on DH's nerves, so anytime we take a trip without him we shop till we drop. LOL. I got a few things for my neighbors who were watching our dogs while we were gone. The boys got Halloween pins. I picked up a few things for their teachers for being so kind in helping me to get my kids prepared for the days they are missing. Landon also spotted Duffy the Disney Bear. This is the cutest little bear. Landon just had to have him. Even though he is 8, Landon still loves plush toys and stuffed animals. He loves Build a Bear and this Duffy bear is right up his alley. He can't wait till our March trip to take Duffy shopping for outfits in Epcot. Collin spent the entire time in the shop talking to two CMs. This kid loves talking with CMs. He remembers their names, even where some of them are from. His friends in the Sports shop today were Olivia and Elizabeth, and Elizabeth was from New Orleans. He has so many questions for them. I'm starting to think I have a future CM on my hands. He's always said he doesn’t want to go to college because he doesn't like school, but after this trip he's thinking of going to college so that he can apply for the college program. He's only 10, but I think it is great he is already thinking about this. Many of the CMs he met on this trip were there for the CP and that really impressed Collin.

Next we headed to DTD. We hadn't had breakfast and it was getting close to lunchtime so we headed straight for Earl of Sandwich. My mom and I shared the Hawaiian sandwich and each got a small bowl of cheddar broccoli soup. Both were delicious. Collin had the kid’s pizza sandwich and Landon a grilled cheese. They ended up sharing Collin's pizza sandwich. They said the grilled cheese was not good at all. After lunch we did some shopping, kitchen store, Christmas shop (where I broke an ornament while telling my kids to be careful not to break anything:blush:), TrenD, the sports store, and World of Disney. I don't even remember what we bought, but most of my money was spent in the Christmas store. By the time we were in World of Disney the crowds were growing and it was difficult to even look at stuff without bumping into people so we decided to head out.

Not done with shopping yet the boys asked if we could go take a spin on the monorail and stop at all the monorail resorts. We had a great hour or two shopping around the monorail. We didn't buy much, but it was fun to hop on and off. My mom and I racked up on bath bombs at the Basin store at GF, and Landon got the sailor outfit for Duffy at the Contemporary. Then we were on our way back to Sports for some swim time. The boys swam for an hour or two then we headed to the room to get dressed for dinner.

We had no ressies tonight so decided to head to Beaches N Cream, a family favorite. We parked at the YC because I've never really taken time to wander around this resort much. I have to say that after spending some time there I really, really liked it. This is definitely a resort I'd love to try one day. I was on the hunt for the cutest Disney Christmas pajamas for the boys. They get a new pair every year or two and their current ones have been worn so much that the pants are ripping. These were solid red with little white Mickey silhouettes all over them. Super cute, but I had the toughest time finding their sizes. I had been looking all day and I finally found one at YC, and the other later tonight at the Boardwalk. We had a great dinner at BNC. My mom and I had hotdogs, Landon a burger and Collin just wanted a root beer float and fries. Hey we're on vacation so why not! He also requested and got a huge cup of whipped cream. He knows I'd never allow all this at home, so the smart kid that he is, waits till a server is taking our order to order as much "junk" as he can in hopes that I won't say no. LOL. He totally enjoyed his "dinner". My mom and I had milkshakes and oh my were these to die for. They were so good. We had a wonderful dinner, and our server was one of the best we've had. He just seemed so happy to be there. This was a relief for me, because on our June trip we encountered so many rude CMs that seemed like they really did not want to be there at all.

After dinner we strolled around. The boys had fun taking pictures of Duffy doing different things, lounging in a beach chair, trying to get cookies from the cookie jar on the counter at BNC. They were having fun with him, and Collin was debating using his own money to buy himself a Duffy. We sat on the beach at BC for a while remembering our Nov. trip when we stayed at the BC. Its funny how sometimes you don't fully realize how much you enjoyed a place till you go back and think about the memories you have of that place. Then we stopped to pick an oyster for my niece. I got her a Cinderella coach "cage" and chain for a pearl and I needed to get a pearl to put in it. This is her Christmas gift from us. The boys picked the oyster and the pearl was too big for the cage, it was huge. We were able to bend the cage just enough to get it to fit.

Then we took the boat over to the Boardwalk. The boys watched a magician for a while, then we walked around enjoying the atmosphere at the Boardwalk. I found the second pair of pajamas I was looking for and just as I was finishing up checking out Landon comes running to tell me to wait because he wants to buy something. He was bringing me another Duffy bear. He said that even though Collin didn't want to spend his own money on the bear Landon would spend his money so that Collin could have a bear of his own. I was so proud of my little man. I give my kids each a certain amount of money on each trip and when that money is gone that's it. So it was touching that Landon would spend his own money on something for his brother. He said he didn't care if he spent all his money; he wanted Collin to have a Duffy of his own.

After that we made our way back to Sports to get our stuff packed up a bit so that we could have a smooth move to POFQ tomorrow.

I didn't mention this before but the only tickets we had for this trip was for MNSSHP. We also spent a day at Universal for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We didn't intend to have so many days in WDW (our trip just somehow kept expanding), and many times we thought of getting a one day ticket and heading into another park, but we were really having so much fun just being there that we never did buy extra tickets. Just thought I'd mention this so you guys don't start wondering when we are going into the parks.

Up next: Moving to French Quarter

Disney4us2
11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Sounds like my kind of day.... shopping. Glad you were able to get a Duffy. I tried this past Saturday at DCA and they were sold out.

BrerGnat
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
He said he didn't care if he spent all his money; he wanted Collin to have a Duffy of his own.

SO sweet! Good job raising that one, mom. ;) :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Sounds like my kind of day.... shopping. Glad you were able to get a Duffy. I tried this past Saturday at DCA and they were sold out.

Duffy was EVERYWHERE in WDW. There was not a single store we went in that didn't have him it seemed.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
SO sweet! Good job raising that one, mom. ;) :thumbsup:

Yes, that was a proud mama momment.

Joannelet
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Wow what great boys you have!! Good job Mom!! You are raising some amazing kids!!!

I love your kids "dinner" choice :) very cute and it reminded me of my sister with her daughter on her first trip.
Her daughter was 18 months when we took her there and we were at a character breakfast. My sister comes back and her plate for her daughter is filled with chocolate items...chocolate muffin, chocolate chip pancake etc. I was like OMG what is this!? She goes well if I was 18 months old and in Disney this is what I would want! LOL
Her daughter loved her breakfast that day..I am sure just as much as your son loved his dinner :)

Melanie
11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Duffy fans - I love it! :thumbsup: So sweet of brother to buy for brother. Wait until you go to Epcot. Duffy explosion! :D

Great day of shopping and eating. Loved hearing about Beaches 'n Cream and YC. We're staying there later this month and have never eaten at B'nC.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Her daughter was 18 months when we took her there and we were at a character breakfast. My sister comes back and her plate for her daughter is filled with chocolate items...chocolate muffin, chocolate chip pancake etc. I was like OMG what is this!? She goes well if I was 18 months old and in Disney this is what I would want! LOL
Her daughter loved her breakfast that day..I am sure just as much as your son loved his dinner :)

Oh that's too cute. Sometimes on vacation DH and I have been known to treat us all to ice cream for a meal. My boys think we've lost it when we do that, but oh boy do they enjoy it. Once we had the Kitchen Sink at Beaches N Cream as our dinner. It was fun, but after a while my youngest was like "where's the real food". Hahaha! He didn't like the kitchen sink, everything got mixed and he thought it was gross, I did too actually, so he was kind of turned off to ice cream that night. We had to get him a "real" meal. My oldest, on the other hand, was in pure heaven. He'd only eat junk food if I let him.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Duffy fans - I love it! :thumbsup: So sweet of brother to buy for brother. Wait until you go to Epcot. Duffy explosion! :D

Great day of shopping and eating. Loved hearing about Beaches 'n Cream and YC. We're staying there later this month and have never eaten at B'nC.

Mel,
Is there really lots of Duffy stuff in Epcot??? We almost bought one day tickets to go to Epcot. Do you think they'll still have lots of Duffy stuff in March? We'll be there the first week of March and Duffy stuff is at the top of Landon's to do list. My boys love their Duffy's. Collin would kill me if he knew I was typing this, but they both sleep with their Duffy every night. I love it. I feel like it sort of keeps them "my babies" a little longer.

I hope you love YC. Have you stayed at BC before? We've stayed at BC and really liked it, but I loved YC on this visit. It was so quiet. BNC is a family favorite. We love everything about this place. The boys usually hang out in the arcade, right next door, while DH and I wait at the little outside tables for them to page us. Its one of those "feel good" places. I hope you enjoy.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
That's a good report, sweet little boy

faline
11-10-2010, 05:39 PM
It's so nice to hear about siblings being so sweet to each other! What a proud mama moment that makes!

Very nice day of shopping and resorts!

mouseketeer mom
11-10-2010, 07:35 PM
oooo.....No more kitchen sink for us either...its actually pretty gross, especially towards the end of it!!! Thats some crazy shopping you did!!! Good for you. I am one to talk..haha:blush:

RedSoxFan
11-11-2010, 08:54 AM
What a nice day.
Nice boys too --- you must be proud.
:mickey:

KylesMom
11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Great day, Denise. While I know how much you wish DH was with you, I'm sure he would not find all of this shopping stuff very fun! :D

So sweet of Landon wanting Collin to have Duffy at his expense. :thumbsup:

cer
11-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Love that one brother wanted to spend his money on the other. So sweet.

Suz36
11-12-2010, 12:40 PM
What great boys you have - you've raised them well! And don't you love those little kid moments? Why do they have to grow up so fast? I'm loving reading about your fun outside of the parks - some day I'll be able to do that - maybe! :blush:

vizsla
11-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the report.

Melanie
11-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Mel,
Is there really lots of Duffy stuff in Epcot??? We almost bought one day tickets to go to Epcot. Do you think they'll still have lots of Duffy stuff in March? We'll be there the first week of March and Duffy stuff is at the top of Landon's to do list. My boys love their Duffy's. Collin would kill me if he knew I was typing this, but they both sleep with their Duffy every night. I love it. I feel like it sort of keeps them "my babies" a little longer.

I hope you love YC. Have you stayed at BC before? We've stayed at BC and really liked it, but I loved YC on this visit. It was so quiet. BNC is a family favorite. We love everything about this place. The boys usually hang out in the arcade, right next door, while DH and I wait at the little outside tables for them to page us. Its one of those "feel good" places. I hope you enjoy.

Denise, Collin's secret is safe with us. ;) Yes, Duffy is everywhere! They will love it. And I don't think there is any danger of him going anywhere by March. Disney has put a lot into this. :thumbsup:

I have stayed at BC before. Love it! I'm most excited for the boys to go swimming. Sounds like we will love B'nC. :)

Off to read the rest of your reports. :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: