PDA

View Full Version : Our Halloween Getaway!!! Arrival

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey guys,

Looks like I'll actually get these trip reports done. LOL. I've not managed to do reports for our last few trips, but I'm going to try to complete these.

For those who didn't read my pretrip report this was a little escape for my kids and I. My DH is in Iraq and we all just needed a little break from reality. We've always wanted to attend MNSSHP and the boy's school schedule has never allowed it. This year worked out because of a fair held at their school and some days off.

Cast: Myself- Disney planner
My mom- Sheila
My 10 year old son-Collin
My 8 year old son-Landon

Resorts: All Star Sports and Port Orleans French Quarter

So the trip started out being just 3 nights at POFQ, then we wanted to arrive a night early and booked Sports, then instead of leaving after school on Wednesday we left at noon and stayed at Sports for 2 nights, then were tired the day we were supposed to come home so stayed at POFQ for an extra night. Our little 3 night getaway turned into a 6 night vacation.

Wednesday, Oct. 27- This morning I told the boys that if their teachers allowed it to call me when they were done with all their tests and we could leave a bit earlier. Well I dropped them off at 8, and Mr. Landon was calling me at 9am to say he was done. That kid doesn't mess around. Collin called around 10:30, but later told me that he was also done with all his tests around 9ish, but didn't want me to think he'd rushed through his tests, so he waited a while to call. We were on our way before noon! We had a very easy drive, and arrived in WDW just before midnight. We had a smooth check in and were in the room watching Disney TV in no time. It always feels so good to know you have an entire vacation ahead of you no matter how short that vacation will be.

Up next: Our first full day in our happy place!!

Melanie
11-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Love that you added an extra night! Can't wait to read about your first full day. Glad the drive and arrival were uneventful. :mickey:

Joannelet
11-10-2010, 02:59 PM
First of all please tell your hubby my entire family says THANK YOU FOR WHAT HE IS DOING FOR ALL OF US!!! :)

And secondly, how exciting that a 3 night vaca turned out to be a 6 night vaca for you all!! :)
Wow I am shocked that your 10 year old didn't call you earlier because he didn't want you to think he rushed through the tests!! :) Wow what a patient kid and a kid that knows you value school first and foremost!! Not that many kids would do that!!! :)

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Wow I am shocked that your 10 year old didn't call you earlier because he didn't want you to think he rushed through the tests!! :) Wow what a patient kid and a kid that knows you value school first and foremost!! Not that many kids would do that!!! :)

Don't you love it when our kids surpise us like that sometimes. hahaha. Its not something I expected he'd do either, but apparently he knew I'd be mad if they rushed through their tests in order to leave.

KylesMom
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
then were tired the day we were supposed to come home so stayed at POFQ for an extra night. Our little 3 night getaway turned into a 6 night vacation. Love it! Glad your arrival was a safe one. Let the magic begin! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Sounds like a nice beginning

faline
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
That feeling of knowing your vacation time is all ahead of you is such a wonderful one!

mouseketeer mom
11-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Buddy! I was just as excited for you. You deserved this trip for sure!

RedSoxFan
11-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Good start.
:mickey:

Suz36
11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
So funny about your son - and impressive! And what spontaneity, to extend the trip on both ends - I love it!!

vizsla
11-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
11-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: