PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping without a hopper :)

ToraTory
11-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Howdy!

So, I'm in on the free dining package :mickey: I didn't upgrade my park ticket to the park hopper instead I have the standard one day, one park ticket. I'm staying for 8 nights with a 9-day ticket. There will be two days that I will not be going to the parks. My guestion is this: suppose on Monday I go to MK for my "one day" can I go to Epcot that evening and use another day? So effectively, I would like to go to 2 parks on 2 days and then and one park on 5 days. This would equal 9 visits but on 7 days. Can this be done? It seems logical to me, but then again they could say, "Dude, it's ONE day, ONE park" hee hee :cool:

thanks -- tory

PopPhan
11-10-2010, 11:54 AM
No. That is not allowed.

Once you use your ticket in a turnstile at any park, it is locked to that park for that day. If you try, there will be a message displayed on the turnstile to the effect that your ticket has already been used in another park that day.

There are three ways to get into multiple parks on one day:

Buy multiple tickets
Buy 'hard ticket' event ticket
Buy Park Hopper option

DisneyBunch5
11-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Without the park hopper option, the ticket limits you to a single park for that day. You can leave that particular park and reenter it, but you will not be able to use the ticket for entry to any other park.

ToraTory
11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Wow, thanks for the super-quick responses. It's a shame this wouldn't work, seemed logical to me ... oh well at least I know now instead of looking stupid at the gate and then hearing... dude it's one day, one park :blush:

Polynesian Dweller
11-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow, thanks for the super-quick responses. It's a shame this wouldn't work, seemed logical to me ...

Not really logical when you consider that by day 5 of a MYW ticket the price for each additional day is only $5. So what you were thinking of is like getting into a second park on that day for only $5. The cost of a hopper is only $54 for the entire length of stay and still cheap.

TheRustyScupper
11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm staying for 8 nights with a 9-day ticket. There will be two days that I will not be going to the parks.

1) Disney charges about $3 for an extra day.
2) They charge about $55 for park hopping.
3) Why would they let people park hop without paying for it?

DizneyRox
11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Dude, it's ONE day, ONE park

brivers222
11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
why dont you just downgrade ur tickets to a 7day-PH and your issues will be solved :)

faline
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
why dont you just downgrade ur tickets to a 7day-PH and your issues will be solved :)

While Disney is very good about doing upgrades, they are far less willing to downgrade.

GBBT
11-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Spend th $55 and do the ParkHopper,we do!:thumbsup:

ToraTory
11-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Not really logical when you consider that by day 5 of a MYW ticket the price for each additional day is only $5. So what you were thinking of is like getting into a second park on that day for only $5. The cost of a hopper is only $54 for the entire length of stay and still cheap.

Gosh, it's all good, I was just wondering...:mickey: I think I hit a nerve...no problem I was just trying to work out diner ressies and was having problems eating at the park I wanted to visit. I've paid the extra bucks for the park hopper in the past and can easily do it again, I was just wondering. Perhaps my blonde logic is different than everyone elses :cool:

-- tory

brivers222
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
While Disney is very good about doing upgrades, they are far less willing to downgrade.

thats actually a question that i have then also..

Next december we are getting the MYW + Deluxe Dining for 8n - 9d... Online they allow you to pick the different number of days you would like to get a pass for (this is where i thought the OP was actually at...the planning stage).

In order to use this package AND get the dinning, do you have to have the length of stay pass? For us we are planning on going to MVMCP 4 times (which would pretty much count as a park day) so we would only really need a 5day PH. Which is slightly cheaper and not sure if its really needed to drop... but just to know if it is possible to have a MYW +DDP w/o a lenght of stay park ticket.

KarenP
11-11-2010, 06:43 PM
In order to use this package AND get the dinning, do you have to have the length of stay pass?.

No, tickets do not have to be for your length of stay. You can take less days.

CleveRocks
11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
thats actually a question that i have then also..

Next december we are getting the MYW + Deluxe Dining for 8n - 9d... Online they allow you to pick the different number of days you would like to get a pass for (this is where i thought the OP was actually at...the planning stage).

In order to use this package AND get the dinning, do you have to have the length of stay pass? For us we are planning on going to MVMCP 4 times (which would pretty much count as a park day) so we would only really need a 5day PH. Which is slightly cheaper and not sure if its really needed to drop... but just to know if it is possible to have a MYW +DDP w/o a lenght of stay park ticket.If you are purchasing the Disney Dining Plan, the requirement is that you book a package, and by definition a package includes at least a minimal ticket purchase of a 1-day ticket. This is why Disney calls their ticketing system "Magic Your Way," because you can do it your way, you can customize it to what you want. Buy as big or as small a park ticket as you want and need.

CleveRocks
11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Perhaps my blonde logic is different than everyone elses :cool:

-- tory
There's no logic to it. There's no way to figure it out or make assumptions about it or reason about it. Disney makes their exact rules. They don't necessarily make sense. Years ago, I stopped trying to figure them out, and instead I just memorize them.

joonyer
11-12-2010, 01:26 PM
The logic is they would sell no park hoppers at $54.00 per ticket if people could add extra park admissions onto their multi-day tickets at just $3.00-$5.00 each. I think the park hopper option is a pretty good deal if you are a park commando. And the extra day costs on a multi-day ticket are an excellent deal. Actually I'm really surprised Disney does not charge a whole lot more for those extra days.

2MuchWDFun
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
If you are purchasing the Disney Dining Plan, the requirement is that you book a package, and by definition a package includes at least a minimal ticket purchase of a 1-day ticket. This is why Disney calls their ticketing system "Magic Your Way," because you can do it your way, you can customize it to what you want. Buy as big or as small a park ticket as you want and need.
I believe it is a 2 day ticket minimum now--used to be one. Karen from MJs can probably give a more accurate answer!

wdwfansince75
11-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Every time this comes up (about monthly), there seems to be a lot of glass half empty people saying that Disney forces them to pay $54 (or the current PH rate), instead of recognizing that we glass half full types are most grateful that Disney allows us to buy extra days past the first four for about $2 a day.

faline
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I believe it is a 2 day ticket minimum now--used to be one. Karen from MJs can probably give a more accurate answer!

I know the 2 day minimum applies to free dining packages - not sure about other packages.

CleveRocks
11-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Correct, the 2-day ticket minimum is to qualify for the FREE Disney Dining Plan promotion. Otherwise, if you are PURCHASING a dining plan, the minmum is a 1-day ticket.

Hair_Razor
11-14-2010, 08:33 PM
It seemed logical to me and I'm not blond right now. I wonder what the chances are you can just uprade 2 of your days to Hoppers.

DizneyRox
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM
The cost is the same, you can upgrade all of them!

Buttercup
11-14-2010, 08:53 PM
It seemed logical to me and I'm not blond right now. I wonder what the chances are you can just uprade 2 of your days to Hoppers.

Part-way through your trip, when you've used a few of your days, if you upgrade your remaining days to a park-hopper they will charge you the FULL amount for the park hopper option. You might as well have added it from the get-go and been able to use the park hopping for your entire vacation.

Trust me.
Just get the park hopper option for all your days, or if you adamantly don't want to pay for the park hopper, then re-arrange your dining reservations to be at the particular park you're visiting that day.

Oh, how I miss the simple days before Magic Your Way came into effect. Disney passes never ever expired, the park hopping was included... the options were basically 1-day, 4-day and 5-day passes. *sigh*

Sylvia
11-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Another reason why we purchase annual passes. We've always preferred being spontaneous. So far, it's worked for us. But, that's why there are so many options - what works for one family doesn't necessarily work for another. :mickey: