PDA

View Full Version : QSDP for Kids

BigEeyoreFan
11-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi all -

Going to Disney in February and I'm so excited to get the "free" Quick Service Dining Plan. We're staying at Pop and I've looked at a lot of the menus for the restaurants around WDW. It just seems like a lot of the kids meals are the same even at places like Cosmic Rays or Yak & Yeti. It's all burgers, chicken fingers/bites, pizza, or PB&J sandwiches. And yet, I know the kids are supposed to order off the kid's menu. We have 2 kids going with us - any option to trade in 2 kids credits for 1 adult credit and get better options?

I know the food court at Pop is good, but I don't think we'll be there much except for breakfast and I figure an adult meal would probably be enough for my two kids who are big eaters, but the adult meals are big portions.

Any thoughts you have would be great!

Thanks.

DizneyRox
11-10-2010, 09:47 AM
No... There have been reports of some restaurants allowing things like this, but I believe it is not official policy and Disney would probably have some issues with it.

I agree with your observations, the kids meals really are pretty pathetic. For now, we're able to get away with sharing ours to the little one, but sometimes he eats more than me!

BigEeyoreFan
11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I just wish they would offer smaller portions of the adult meals for the kids. So that if we go to a restaurant where I can order fish and chips or bbq pork, that they can get the same thing only smaller...

WDWCrazyKaren
11-15-2010, 08:28 AM
With our kids being a bit older, we haven't seen the menus for kids in a while, but I do recall the offerings at Sunshine Season at Epcot being much better than anywhere else. When the kids are tired of burgers and chicken strips, give it a shot!

MagicalGuest
11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
With our kids being a bit older, we haven't seen the menus for kids in a while, but I do recall the offerings at Sunshine Season at Epcot being much better than anywhere else. When the kids are tired of burgers and chicken strips, give it a shot!

We've also had good experiences with kids' meals at Sunshine Seasons. Nice variety! Also, try the CS restaurant in Japan (I forget the name); more than burgers and nuggets for the kids.