PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service at Beach Club?

wdwjenn
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM
We are planning a trip for 2011. We like to use our counter service credit each day for a hot breakfast at the resort. What choices do we have if staying at the Beach Club?
In the past we stayed at AKL and WL and loved the options available for a hot breakfast and convenient lunch :cloud9:.
Our other option is to stay at AKL again but the Beach Club just looks so beautiful :blush:!!!!

Thanks for your help!!

EllieMae
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
The Marketplace has breakfast platters, sandwiches and I think casaroles. They also have pastries too. I love to go down there in the mornings and fill up my mug with coffee and get breakfast.

BrerGnat
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
The above post is inaccurate. There are no CS options for hot breakfast at the YC/ BC.

The Marketplace carries some croissant egg type sandwiches as well as pastries, muffins, yogurt parfait, and fresh fruit. Coffee, juice and milk are available. It is sort of like a convenience store. You won't find stuff like waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc.

If you can live with simple light breakfast, the BC is an amazing resort. If you'd prefer hot breakfast every day at CS prices, you'll be disappointed at the selection at BC.

JROriole8Fan
11-10-2010, 11:49 AM
We loved being at BC, but we found the one flaw was the lack of good breakfasts in comparision to places like AKL's Mara. We usually find every resort has something they can improve upon and that is what the BC needs.

BrerGnat
11-10-2010, 12:26 PM
We loved being at BC, but we found the one flaw was the lack of good breakfasts in comparision to places like AKL's Mara. We usually find every resort has something they can improve upon and that is what the BC needs.

I agree with this. I really can't believe they've never considered adding a CS location like the other deluxes have. It really makes no sense. They have the space for it, and I'm sure they get LOTS of complaints about it.

When we stayed at BC, we chose to stay Club Level and a lot of that decision was due to the breakfast thing. Our kids eat breakfast every day. The lounge was perfect for that...had lots of options. The one day they asked for waffles, we simply went to Captain's Grill (TS) and had a sit down meal.

I think the only reason the BC really worked well for us this trip was because of the club lounge food offerings, which made up for the lack of CS (although, for lunch/dinner, Hurricane Hannah's and the BC Marketplace had decent offerings, and we ate at both those places a couple times).

ThanxForNoticin
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I think for many people, between the breakfast sandwiches/yogurts/pastries offered at the Marketplace, and the buffet available at Cape May, the offerings at BC are very good. But I also know people who do enjoy that in-between type of hot breakfast that they offer at some CS locations. If that CS breakfast is a huge issue for you, then perhaps AKL and Mara will make your trip more enjoyable.

For the way we do breakfasts, the Marketplace is perfect and was a very welcomed addition a few years ago. I can also tell you that Mara is one of our favorite places to eat - but mostly for lunches.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your trip!

missymouseworld
11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
We just returned Sunday 11/7 from our BC stay so I can tell you exactly what they have for counter service breakfast. The adult offerings on the hot side are French Toast Sticks, Croissant with Egg/Cheese, Croissant with Egg/Ham and the kids meal offerings are French Toast Sticks and Oatmeal (which is a pretty good portion like adult size)...I think they had one other hot offering for kids but I am not sure. They also have a yogurt parfait that they can make for you with various berries and granola.

I have to warn you that it gets VERY BUsy at peak breakfast times... and we weren't there during a busy season.

Hope this helps.

BTW...if you are staying there and decide to do a hot breakfast buffet, try the Captain's Grille. Their buffet was delicious and wasn't that expensive.

BugeyedMuggy
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
You can always walk over to Swan & Dolphin for a good hot breakfast as they are also open 24 hours a day.

BrerGnat
11-12-2010, 11:33 AM
You can always walk over to Swan & Dolphin for a good hot breakfast as they are also open 24 hours a day.

Yes, I was going to mention that. Picabu is open 24/7, and they have hot breakfast. It's "cafeteria" style, but it's pretty decent. Our only gripe there was how slow the service was. We waited a good 15 min when they were DEAD for a plate of Macaroni and Cheese and a hamburger for our kids.

BugeyedMuggy
11-13-2010, 08:49 AM
The service may seem slow but that is because they make the food when you order it especially during slow times.It's not sitting under a hot lamp for hours. They do give you a number to put at your table so you don't have to stand there and wait. They bring the food to your table. They also have a sit down breakfast restaurant.

BrerGnat
11-13-2010, 11:00 AM
The service may seem slow but that is because they make the food when you order it especially during slow times.It's not sitting under a hot lamp for hours. They do give you a number to put at your table so you don't have to stand there and wait. They bring the food to your table. They also have a sit down breakfast restaurant.

Yes, that's true. At least you can sit while you wait. I know they made the food fresh for us. It was rather late when we went there (around 9pm), but it was difficult because DH and I chose cold sandwiches to eat, and it was hard explaining to the little ones why we had our food and they didn't have theirs. ;)