PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli or Les Chefs de France

KAT1811
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm having trouble making a decision between Via Napoli and Les Chefs de France. We have never eaten at either, which one should we try?

This is quick trip with my mother and the children (no DHs) I was thinking that we would try and get a 5:00pm at Les Chefs (with the hopes of catching Remy) and save Via Napoli for our trip with the guys. Neither my DM or I are sure that the guys would care for Les Chefs de France so this may be a nice time to try it.

:thanks:

faline
11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I must admit I'm biased. We recently had a great meal at Les Chefs but have not eaten at Via Nappoli so have no real comparison.

Our meal at Les Chefs was excellent - so much so that we've rebooked for our next trip!

pianobabe
11-09-2010, 08:55 PM
We have eaten at Les Chefs a couple of times. The most recent was in September and it was excellent. I can't give a report on Via Napoli since we have not visited there. My vote is to go to Les Chefs enjoy the food, atmosphere and Remy.

SBETigg
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I've eaten at both and both are favorites of my family. I think your reasoning is good for Chefs this time and Via Napoli maybe next time.

LandFan
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I would go with Chefs and Remy this trip. Via Napoli will be there. Who knows how long Remy will be at Chefs...

Gator
11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
You can get good pizza and good Italian anywhere and anytime. But to have the fancy flavors of France PLUS Remy coming by, that's really tilts the scales.

brivers222
11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
walked into via napoli to see it... thats about all i did there. Have been to Chefs De France 6 times during the past 4 visits and planning on going at least twice more next december :)

no question, CDF!

Mousemates
11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Have eaten at both and to me Chefs wins this one by a long shot...both food and atmosphere wise.

AHOTE
11-12-2010, 01:48 PM
For me it's a tough call. We were down in mid October and had reservations for both. It was our first time at either dining venue. Our expectations were exceeded at both restaurants. We were even lucky enough to get a walk in the following day for Via Napoli at lunch to try the pizza.
Remy wasn't our main reason for choosing Chefs de France. Remy did visit our table during dinner and he spent just enough time for us to get a 15 second video.
I've already added both to next years dining schedule. I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable dining experience no matter which restaurant you choose, enjoy!

KAT1811
11-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Chefs de France it is at 5:00pm in the hopes of seeing Remy! The kids should love it!!! Not to mention DM and I!!!

:thanks:

SurferStitch
11-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Boy, I'm not here to dampen the love for Le Chefs, but......

DH and I ate at Le Chefs once, and we've never gone back. It was honestly one of the worst meals we've ever had, period. We dined there in October of 2008, and it was just nasty. Spongy filet (I mean spongy...it wouldn't cut with a knife), almost raw/cold scallops, half frozen cream puffs and watery/soggy creme brulee (must have sat in the fridge all day). At least the wine was good.

On the other hand, we just ate at Via Napoli in October, and absolutely LOVED it. Our pizza was delicious, the salad was fresh and crispy, and I drank the most amazing bellini(s).......okay, too good to have just one. :thumbsup:

We WILL visit Via Napoli again, but not Le Chefs.

Disnamic Duo
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
We were at WDW a couple weeks ago. We just stepped inside Via Napoli for a look. It looks okay.

But, we did eat at CDF (again), and it was our best meal of the week. The filet was outstanding - the creme brulee was delicious. This has become one of our favorite places.

christinelee10
11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I know I should go back and look in past posts..........but who/what is Remy??? Is this restaurant a 2 TS meal or just one??

We recently ate at Via Napoli with two teenagers. They loved the food, I had the margherita pizza and it was probably the best I have ever had. My husband loved his food also, the servers came by every two minutes, very friendly and eager to talk. I loved it!!

Jared
11-17-2010, 10:46 AM
I know I should go back and look in past posts..........but who/what is Remy??? Is this restaurant a 2 TS meal or just one??

We recently ate at Via Napoli with two teenagers. They loved the food, I had the margherita pizza and it was probably the best I have ever had. My husband loved his food also, the servers came by every two minutes, very friendly and eager to talk. I loved it!!
Remy is the protagonist from the Pixar film "Ratatouille". A robotic Remy comes around at Les Chefs de France to interact with the guests. This is considered one of the highlights of the experience there. Chefs is a one-credit meal for both lunch and dinner.

I prefer Via Napoli. I understand the logic of waiting, but I simply don't like the food enough at Chefs to choose it over the pizza at Via Napoli.

PlutoPlanet
11-18-2010, 12:06 PM
We've eaten at Chefs de France 5 times and at Via Napoli once. We prefer Chefs de France. The atmosphere is fun. We think the food and wine at very good and priced reasonably. Via Napoli is fine; we'll go back. Chefs de France gives us more of a feeling that we're on vacation.

Captain_Nemo
11-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I would go with Chefs and Remy this trip. Via Napoli will be there. Who knows how long Remy will be at Chefs...

I'd say this is your answer right here :mickey: