PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Wilderness Lodge

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I am going to the world for Disney and have been looking at buying an artificial tree online and sending to my hotel. I know you can get those small ones through the Disney Florist but they are very small and $160.

I shipped something to myself on my honeymoon and it went fine but my question is about the size of this and if they will take offense that I send something like that and don't buy theirs. I have read about a bunch of people send food/cases of water/baby formula/etc. but nothing like this.

Also it is a little tough that time of year to coordinate shipping times so if it gets there a few days early would that be a problem.

I have seen advice to put the arrival date and ressie # on the label and plan to do that.

Thoughts?

KylesMom
11-11-2010, 05:17 PM
We have shipped a fairly large box (25 pounds) to WL for the past few years filled with groceries, toiletries, etcetera via FedEx 3-Day Air without any problem. I ensure that we ship via FedEx (UPS would work, too) and include our name, resort and arrival date. Note that if you are sending via USPS, it will go through another facility before it arrives at your resort, and may delay your package. We've never had any problems going through FedEx.

I will state, however, that it threw us for a loop when the front desk would not ship it back for us this year. We were told that we would have to go The Contemporary's Conference Center to mail the box, as they were no longer providing this service. They had a handout regarding the new procedure, but I was so upset at the time that I didn't take it. We did end up being able to shove everything in our suitcases at the last minute, but I was shocked at what used to be a nice service was gone without warning. Just some advance warning when you're thinking of how to get your tree back home!

brivers222
11-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I will state, however, that it threw us for a loop when the front desk would not ship it back for us this year. We were told that we would have to go The Contemporary's Conference Center to mail the box, as they were no longer providing this service. They had a handout regarding the new procedure, but I was so upset at the time that I didn't take it.

Is that just a procedure for WL or is it for other places? Poly for example?

KylesMom
11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Is that just a procedure for WL or is it for other places? Poly for example?
I really couldn't say since we've only ever sent boxes back from WL. Perhaps someone has had a recent experience sending boxes from the Poly/GF who could answer that. FYI, we were informed on August 6th that they could no longer accept our package for mailing.

We've always taken advantage of World of Disney and the Christmas Store mailing our purchases back home for us, but we always seem to have more "stuff" than we have room for on the flight back anyway. We'll need to be a lot more careful what we decide to carry with us from now on!