PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade Taping Volunteers Needed

Strmchsr
11-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone wanting to volunteer for a shift to be a part of WDW's 2010 Christmas morning parade aired on ABC can sign up here (http://www.active.com/more-sports/lake-buena-vista-fl/disney-parks-christmas-day-parade-2010?cmp=23-1). It's being taped Dec 3-4 this year. They are only taking a limited number of people and you are required to commit to a minimum (possibly longer) of a 4 hour shift. Even during production breaks you have to stay in your area.

Kim Possible
11-09-2010, 11:00 AM
If i lived in the area I would LOVE to do this! To everyone who does it, HAVE LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!

DisneyPrincess21
11-09-2010, 11:14 AM
:santa3: I registered!! :joy: i have been waiting & waiting to register to get tickets to the parade. I tried last year, but the registration had reached it's capacity before I could register. I really hope I get tickets for my family this year. We would all love watching the taping. I have always been interested in seeing the "behind the scenes" of filming this parade, but have never had the opportunity. I know I will not get to see the parade the way it is seen on tv, but that is the whole reason I would love to watch the production. So then when I am sitting on my couch christmas morning, I can say "I was there when they filmed this, I saw how they did that, etc" I am soooo excited, i really hope we get tickets. Anyone have any pixie dust to spare? :wave: :santa3:

ToraTory
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I've been checking and Googling as many sites as I could waiting and hoping for this announcement. Intercot is #1 thank you :mickey:

And yes, I know it will be hideously crowded and I don't stand a snowballs chance of seeing myself on TV but gosh darn it to me it will be so exciting to be there!!

I hope I get tickets!! Thanks again -- tory

DisneyPrincess21
11-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I've been checking and Googling as many sites as I could waiting and hoping for this announcement. Intercot is #1 thank you :mickey:

And yes, I know it will be hideously crowded and I don't stand a snowballs chance of seeing myself on TV but gosh darn it to me it will be so exciting to be there!!

I hope I get tickets!! Thanks again -- tory

I have been searching for info about getting tickets since septemeber! Intercot is the only place that has announced it as of right now.

I am so excited to get to be there too!

:tink:
I hope we both get tickets! Here is some pixie dust for good luck :thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
11-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I did this in 2005. I enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how much work actually goes into a show. That being said, it does get boring standing there at times.

Good luck to all those that register.:pixie:

Strmchsr
11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I have been searching for info about getting tickets since septemeber! Intercot is the only place that has announced it as of right now.

Having good friends high in the WDW hierarchy helps sometimes. :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Having good friends high in the WDW hierarchy helps sometimes. :mickey:

Apparently so! :D :rocks:

Any idea when they will email me to let me know if I got tickets? Any idea what the chances are of me being able to get tickets? I registered at 10:49am today, So I am hoping that increases my chances. Is it a random drawing on who gets tickets?

Strmchsr
11-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Any idea when they will email me to let me know if I got tickets? Any idea what the chances are of me being able to get tickets? I registered at 10:49am today, So I am hoping that increases my chances. Is it a random drawing on who gets tickets?

Should be within a week or two, max. Chances are good because I posted here the second I was allowed, which is way before any other Disney site posted so I'd say you guys got ahead of the pack. It's first come, first serve, not random. The randomness comes in from the time slot you're assigned. You might be morning or afternoon.

joanna71985
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I registered. I really hope I can go

Strmchsr
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
If those of you haven't received something, you probably will soon, I get a "whoops" email today from my friends at Disney. Apparently the site set up was only supposed to be for Cast Members and specific parade workers only, not the general public. My friend who emailed that site was under the impression that it was for the general public, and so were quite a few others as the same link popped up on several sites. So, there seemed to be some in-house confusion and the registration link has now been closed. Sorry for the confusion, ya'll.

DisneyPrincess21
11-10-2010, 10:15 PM
If those of you haven't received something, you probably will soon, I get a "whoops" email today from my friends at Disney. Apparently the site set up was only supposed to be for Cast Members and specific parade workers only, not the general public. My friend who emailed that site was under the impression that it was for the general public, and so were quite a few others as the same link popped up on several sites. So, there seemed to be some in-house confusion and the registration link has now been closed. Sorry for the confusion, ya'll.

I'm confused....:confused: so does that mean my registration from yesterday didn't count? :confused:

Strmchsr
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm confused....:confused: so does that mean my registration from yesterday didn't count? :confused:

I'm confused, too, but that's what I'm being told. WDW is trying to work out something for those who did register. You should receive an email from the company when they get it figured out.

ToraTory
11-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Here's the text of the e-mail as reported on another site:

“We appreciate your interest in the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade telecast. You may have read reports in the local media that tickets were available to the general public. Unfortunately, using sources other than Disney Parks, the media misreported this information and that is not the case for the telecast taping. If you are not currently a Disney cast member or an active Disney Sports volunteer, you are not eligible for a pre-registered ticket; however all guests are invited to join us at the Magic Kingdom Park for the filming using regular park admission. Filming for the Christmas Parade is scheduled to take place along Main Street, U.S.A and at Cinderella Castle Stage on December 3 and 4. “

I think this stinks! Personally I didn't even want the free tickets, I was hoping for earlier admission to the area so I could be guaranteed a spot to watch the parade up front. grrrrrrr.... :mad: -- tory

Melanie
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
If you are not currently a Disney cast member or an active Disney Sports volunteer, you are not eligible for a pre-registered ticket; however all guests are invited to join us at the Magic Kingdom Park for the filming using regular park admission.

Wow, very, very disappointing. :down:

DisneyPrincess21
11-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Well, I still haven't recieved a turn down email yet, so I am hoping Disney comes through. I too don't care so much about the free ticket, but I did want a chance of getting a good a spot to watch the parade. I hope Disney figures something out, after all technically the form & page said nothing about being for cast members /sports people anyway, and plus if it was a closed registration, then you think they would have made you enter some sort of cast member I'd#

Strmchsr
11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Wand plus if it was a closed registration, then you think they would have made you enter some sort of cast member I'd#

Exactly. It was a huge internal mess. I know the person I got it from initially is definitely in the know in terms of WDW and this caught him completely off guard. He thought, like I did when it was released, that this was as in the last 4 or years where general public signed up instead of just showing up. And it wasn't just him since several fan sites received the same info. What a mess.

MinniesMom
11-12-2010, 08:45 PM
So disappointing! The registration link was removed by the time I got there and when I inquired I got the email about it only being open to Cast Members/Volunteers anyway. Disney took over handling the ticketing and it's been a fiasco! They need to rehire Lightship Entertainment! Such a shame for all of those who got in before the link was removed...I wonder if they will do something because it clearly says that registering is not a guarantee....they might try to use that as a loophole. Keep us posted.