PDA

View Full Version : Neil Patrick Harris now the voice of California Screamin'

Melanie
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
From Disney Parks Blog:

Hey, that sounds like Neil Patrick Harris!

On Friday, Guests riding California Screamin’ at Disney California Adventure park may have noticed a familiar new voice as they prepared to board the longest and fastest roller coaster at the Disneyland Resort.

Disney Imagineers recently worked with actor Neil Patrick Harris to make new recordings for California Screamin’. These new themed recordings recall a carnival sideshow barker, in keeping with the theme of all the boardwalk amusements in Paradise Pier.

BrerGnat
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I just saw this on FB. I'm sort of wondering when you actually hear this? Is is part of the onboard audio? Or is it the "safety" spiel you hear while waiting in line? Or, is it something entirely different? More info would be nice.

Mufasa
11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I just saw this on FB. I'm sort of wondering when you actually hear this? Is is part of the onboard audio? Or is it the "safety" spiel you hear while waiting in line? Or, is it something entirely different? More info would be nice.

The new recordings replace the audio prior to launch and the countdown "Get ready screamers..."

There are a few variations that will loop through

NotaGeek
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Awesome! Another thing to look forward to when I visit in December!

BrerGnat
11-08-2010, 09:12 PM
The new recordings replace the audio prior to launch and the countdown "Get ready screamers..."

There are a few variations that will loop through

Thank you Mufasa! :thumbsup:

This makes me happy. I really wasn't a fan of the instrumental leading up to the launch and the "Get ready screamers" track...nice to hear it'll be new next time I ride it. :D

2Epcot
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I saw a video of the new audio of the launch a couple of days ago, but didn't know it was Neil Patrick Harris. Somebody had just noticed it sounded different so they decided to put it online.

Melanie
11-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I went and looked it up on YouTube as well. Um, interesting...but I think I'd like it in person okay.

John
11-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Doogie Howser. Really? Ugh. Couldn't they have found anyone else a little more - relevant? What's Disney's obsession with Neil anyway...

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm a fan of NPH, so glad that they have changed the spiel.

I've only seen the video. Will check it out perhaps this weekend.

:smickey:

Mufasa
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
This makes me happy. I really wasn't a fan of the instrumental leading up to the launch and the "Get ready screamers" track...nice to hear it'll be new next time I ride it. :D

The instrumental portion is still there (the part that is played by the onboard audio system)- the newly recorded spiel is played over speakers that are alongside the launch area and are timed and in sync with the launch.

Doogie Howser. Really? Ugh. Couldn't they have found anyone else a little more - relevant? What's Disney's obsession with Neil anyway...

Why the Doogie hate? It isn't like people are hearing the new spiel and screaming out DOOGIE or even realizing that it is Neil Patrick Harris. Certainly less distracting than guests on POTC who scream out Johnny, and take pictures, throw undergarments or faint when they pass the Jack Sparrow animatronic.

NPH is just portraying a role in the style of a carnival barker (which he did very well in a cameo for a show at Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt event with Ed Alonzo) and is just an enthusiastic fan of WDI who was thrilled when approached about recording new audio segments which fit better thematically with the rest of Paradise Pier.

I don't see how that's any different from Allison Janney providing some voice work for Star Tours II and Disney promoting it.