PDA

View Full Version : playhouse disney dance party

lynnek
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if this still goes on at DHS? I did a topic search here and found something from April that said it STARTED at 10:00 on EMH nights.....don't EMH nights at THS end at 10:00? So when does this thing start? From reading previous threads on this, it sounds like fun! Hoping it starts earlier than that, or the 2.5 yr old will need one heck of a nap to get to it.

lynnek
11-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Does anyone have info on this? Been to it? I know Mickey makes an appearance and Goofy likes to do the Macarena or Electric Slide, or so I've been told. I would like to plan this in so I can go get a headache with the 2.5 yr old (yes, I have been to elementary school dance parties and they should come with aspirin) while my DH takes the other two for hurl factor rides.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
You know I have read a thing or two about this party, but it seems like it is the least-discussed thing on WDW property. I know very little about it, other than it exists, and I hope someone comes along and fills us both in with the details. I also have a 2.5 year old who might be interested in it come December.

rubato
11-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I've been, but can't, for the life of me, remember when it started. I think it starts as soon as EMH start. Since that changes depending on the time of year you go, that would make sense. We had fun even though my son refused to dance. I did anyway! We also got balloon hats and animals. It wasn't crowded either.

finaldynasty
11-09-2010, 07:32 PM
My DF and I went the summer of 2008 and 09. If I remember correctly, it began around 8 and ended around 10. The big five came out, the music was very good, there was bubbles and a balloon artist as well, face painters, and you were able to take alot of pictures! In addition to Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto coming out, my kids got to dance with Chip and Dale and the Little Einsteins. I would imagine the characters might change, but I want to impress upon you how much fun it is. My kids are now 8, 7, and 3 and they really enjoyed themselves.

:mickey:

NH Disneyfan
11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
This party is not advertised. It starts when the EMH start and runs for a couple hours. The previous poster had all the details, so I won't repeat. It was a very good time, although my kids didn't dance at all! :mickey:

Gator
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm guessing it won't be going on while they're fixing it up in February and March. My kids would've loved that.

Kathy Jetson
11-14-2010, 12:59 AM
We went to this in Oct. The characters switch around. When we got there is was Handy Manny, some of the L.E.'s. Then Mickey and Minnie came out. It was fun!

Mad About Mickey
11-14-2010, 09:12 AM
We haven't seen this in the past and it sounds fun so I checked out the Moms panel on The Disney site. There were a couple of posts about it happening during EMH. One about it being outside of Playhouse Disney and another saying that inside Playhouse Disney there's a live DJ with the characters. Our youngest are 4 & 7 so we will checking this out Decemer 5th, see you there :mickey:.

Kathy Jetson
11-14-2010, 02:59 PM
The DJ and dance party were inside Playhouse Disney. You could here the music when you in that area. They kept the doors open so you could just come and go as you please.