PDA

View Full Version : Birthday in a Disney Restaurant

MaxPower
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
A friend of mine will be staying at WDW in two weeks with her 12 year old son. He will turn 13 on one of their days at WDW.

She asked the following:

1) If she inquires when they arrive, does any Disney restaurant do anything special for a person on his birthday?

faline
11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
She should note the celebration on the reservation so the restaurant knows about the event before they arrive. Sometimes, the restaurant will decorate a table and/or bring a cupcake to celebrate.

RedSoxandPatsfan
11-08-2010, 03:03 PM
In addition to this, make sure she ask for a Birthday Button at check in, (if staying at a Disney resort), or at the parks. Have him wear the button for the whole trip not just his Bday. He'll get a lot of Happy bday wishes and may get some other nice things. It also lets servers know it's his Bday.

Insanity Clause
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know if you need to call ahead and order a cake. We are have our daughter's 11th birthday at Chef Mickey's on Dec 6th. I informed them when I called to make my ADR's that it was her birthday but I am not sure if I needed to arrange anything else.

RedSoxandPatsfan
11-08-2010, 03:23 PM
In Info Central it says to preorder 24 to 48 hours ahead of time. It lists a number to call also. I think my sister added it to the ADR request, but I don't remember for sure.