PDA

View Full Version : First week of February - Crowds?

JabberJaws
11-08-2010, 11:34 AM
So I've been to Disney during just about every time of the year, even late February, but never been in early Feb. We booked a long weekend trip for Feb. 4 - 7 , 2011. What are the crowds like this time of year? I know that early Feb. is supposed to be pretty nice. When we went in late Feb. (Feb. 28 or so) the crowds were definitely manageable.

Also, what's the weather typically like? I know winter weather in central Florida is a bit unpredictable at best.

Thanks for your help!

faline
11-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Crowds are typically low during the time frame. It's a nice time to visit though weather could be anything from very nice swimming weather to downright cold - or anything in between.

ginger19
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
You are definitely taking a chance with the weather but the crowds should be pretty low. I can't think of any region that has a school break that week.

clausjo
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
We went last year at that time and are going again this year. The crowds during the week were small, but on Saturday EPOCT was really crowded. We were shocked because it was so slow the other days. The weather was nice, but you have to be prepared for anything, really. We'll be there from the 2nd through the 6th. Enjoy!

Bob Parr
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
We're going the 1st-8th. We go about that time every other year. Crowds are usually small. We caught the cheerleading championships one year, which was not fun, but I think it's late feb. this year. Bring shorts and a coat.

diz_girl
11-08-2010, 04:18 PM
The crowds are low during the week and the weather is variable, so be prepared for anything. The cheerleading/dance competition is usually the first weekend in February, so you may see an increase in crowds Friday night.

Gator
11-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I've been there once before and will be there next year. The weather was perfect all week - 70s with one day in the 80s. December and January is when you take the risk of the deep freeze. February should be pretty safe from the bad weather, though it may get chilly. Hope the weather is perfect for your sake and mine.

Buttercup
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Weather is so strange in early February. Sometimes we've gone to Typhoon Lagoon in early February and gotten sunburns from the heat and fabulous weather. :vacation:
Other times we've had to wear our winter coats, hats and mitts to the parks. :freeze:
The crowds never were a problem, regardless of the weather, but you just need to pack clothes for any possibility. You sometimes even get really hot "shorts-wearing" weather followed by a day of cold pants/sweatshirt/jacket weather. So bring a big suitcase!:mickey:

Zeike
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
We also have to change to a february trip, can anyone confirm when the cheerleading competition will take place???!!!. Thanks and hope everyone has an amazing time !!

epceddie
11-15-2010, 12:36 AM
We've visited in late January and early February and have found the crowds to be very manageable.
We try to stay away from anything Disney on Saturday's, especially the Marketplace at DTD. Parking is horrendous on the weekends, but I think that's true all year round due to the locals visiting.