PDA

View Full Version : Mahogany Bay coming to Pleasure Island

PopPhan
11-08-2010, 10:35 AM
From another site:

Mahogany Bay coming to Pleasure Island

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Disney has signed another contract with Schussler Creative for a new themed restaurant at Pleasure Island. This time, the company behind the Rainforest Cafe, T-REX Cafe, and Yak & Yeti concepts has created Mahogany Bay Classic Old Boats and Great Food, which will apparently be located around the current location of the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club and Motion. We're hearing through other sources that the theme for the restaurant is "boats and root beer floats," and that it will be an interactive dining experience. Hat tip to the Save Pleasure Island blog for bringing it to our attention.

Joannelet
11-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Well so far it's not far off from what the podcasts have been thinking!....
Thanks for the info!

John
11-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Personally I think it's time to dump the whole Pleasure Island theme. You might as well just call it Pleasure Dineland now. Nothing but restaurants there now. Not really much in the way of nightlife.

:down:

BrerGnat
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Could they have thought of a longer name for that restaurant? :confused:

AHOTE
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Personally I think it's time to dump the whole Pleasure Island theme. You might as well just call it Pleasure Dineland now. Nothing but restaurants there now. Not really much in the way of nightlife.

:ditto:

Ian
11-09-2010, 08:17 AM

:down:Double :ditto:

SteveL
11-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Sounds like just another mediocre restaurant. Give it some theme and then you can overcharge the hungry masses who were willing to wait for a seat.
Unfortunately, if you build it, they will come.

BellesRose
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM
It will get me to Pleasure Island for the first time so I'm excited for it!

PopPhan
11-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe Disney is planning on buying Schussler Creative....Think about it, 2 Rain Forest Cafes, Yak & Yeti, T-Rex and now Mahogany Bay??? It certainly looks like a partnership is forming.

Since they are touting the fact that it will be an "interactive" dining experience, could we assume that there will be animatronics like T-Rex and RFC? If so, it could be a good fit for the animatronics experience in Imagineering.

Tekneek
11-13-2010, 07:53 AM

That does appear to be a trend with the company right now.

Cinderelley
11-13-2010, 09:37 PM

:ditto:

and triple :ditto:

Imagineer1981
11-16-2010, 05:51 PM
do we really need another clone of Rainforest and T-Rex...2 is ENOUGH.