PDA

View Full Version : from airport to Swan?

jane52
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
My son will be staying at the Swan this fall. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Is a cab the preferred way or is there other options? And what is the cost? Thanks!

John
11-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Quicksilver Transportation gets you there fast and in style for a reasonable rate - see the link under ICOT Sponsors in the upper left side of this page :)

CleveRocks
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
If he wants a private ride, a car service would be my choice over a taxi. For roughly the same price, you'll get better service (driver waiting for you at baggage claim with your name on a sign, assistance with your luggage) and a nicer and cleaner vehicle.

A one-way trip will run between $50-$60. A taxi might be $5 cheaper. Maybe. With both, a 10% tip would be customary.

If he just wants the least expensive way to get there, Mears shuttle is $20 one-way ($33 round-trip). A tip would not be expected unless the driver handles luggage, and in that case $1 or $2 a bag would be customary. This is a shared ride. The shuttle could be a van, mini-bus or large motorcoach, and will make drop-offs at multiple hotels.

Mogie
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah Mears is definitely the cheapest way to go. The only downside is that he may be waiting at the airport for the shuttle to fill up, and on his way back home he will have to be back at the Swan hours ahead of his flight departure time which might limit the amount of time he has in the park on his last day. Thats why I always just take a car service and pay the extra cost.

Scar
11-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Last spring I took a taxi from a hotel just outside the airport to The Dolphin for $45 plus tip. On the return trip I took a Mears towncar (they sit ouside the hotel on demand) to the airport for $63 plus tip.

luvkatiebug
11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
We usually use a town car service. It is nice to have them waiting there specifically for you to help with luggage and so forth. I have small kids and they can bring a car seat if you need it. I hate to quote the price b/c its been 3 long years since our last trip, but maybe around $100 round trip (with a grocery stop) if you need it.

Enjoy the Swan - that's where we stayed our last trip, and it is beautiful! And so convenient to Epcot.:mickey: