PDA

View Full Version : Unused Parkhopper Days as Credit for AP?

MPoppins
11-07-2010, 12:24 PM
It's almost time to renew my family's APs and we have unused park hopper days from a package stay that was cheaper to book than a room-only ressie. Can anyone shed any light on how much credit, so to speak, we will get toward the renewal of our APs by "using" the "days" on our old room keys? Many thanks!!

12 days 'til we're there...:cloud9:

Disney Hungarian
11-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Unless you purchased the non-expiring option on the hopper tickets they expired 14 days after first use. And would have no value towards an AP.

magicofdisney
11-07-2010, 01:00 PM
If the tickets have not expired I would ask the CM if you can upgrade those tickets to APs. This may be cheaper than renewing your existing APs.

gerald72
11-07-2010, 01:03 PM
If you bought the package because it was cheaper, I doubt you would have purchased the no-expiration option.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-07-2010, 02:16 PM
It's almost time to renew my family's APs and we have unused park hopper days from a package stay that was cheaper to book than a room-only ressie. Can anyone shed any light on how much credit, so to speak, we will get toward the renewal of our APs by "using" the "days" on our old room keys? Many thanks!!

12 days 'til we're there...:cloud9:

Can you shed some more light on the details of these tickets?

Are they totally unused tickets that you got as part of a package BUT NEVER used? Or are they days left on a ticket that are still valid because you purchased the No-Expiration option?

It makes a big difference in the answer...

ALSO, if they are totally unused tickets...
How many days are the tickets good for?
You said they DID include park-hopping, right?
But they do NOT include water parks, right?
You are wanting regular APs and not Premium APs, right?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to know in order to give you a straight answer. :mickey:

CleveRocks
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
If a ticket was ever used for admission to any park, then the ticket can only be upgraded within 14 days of the first use of the ticket. It makes no difference whether the No Expiration option was purchased. No Expiration means the unused entitlements never expire, but it does NOT mean that you csn upgrade or add to that ticket after 14 days from that ticket's first use.

So, in other words, if you had 7-day tickets and you used 4 of those days a few months ago, those leftover 3 days have ZERO value for trading-in or upgrading. ZERO. Worthless for upgrading. If you had bought the No Expiration option, you can still use those leftover 3 days of admissions, but you can't otherwise use the ticket for upgrading or credit or however you want to put it.

If a ticket is totally unused, it makes no difference how old it is, it CAN be traded for credit (or upgraded, however you want to say it) towards an AP purchase or AP renewal.

The other thing to keep in mind is that tickets can only be upgraded on a one-for-one basis. In other words, you CAN'T trade-in two tickets in order to receive one larger ticket or AP.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
If a ticket is totally unused, it makes no difference how old it is, it CAN be traded for credit (or upgraded, however you want to say it) to ward an AP purchase or AP renewal.

This is a point that I was wondering myself. So Disney does allow you to use the value of an unused ticket toward the "renewal" price of an AP, right? I thought that if you upgraded a MYW ticket to an AP, you had to pay the difference based on the AP "first time" price and not a renewal. I guess I was wrong (I wasn't too sure in the first place.)

magicofdisney
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I was wondering about this myself. Now that Disney makes us buy a minimum 2day ticket with packages, I wanted to apply that to my AP renewal. I know you can only apply one ticket to the renewal so I guess it doesn't matter if it's one ticket with one day (unused) or one ticket with multiple days (unused). At least this is how I'm understanding this thread.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I was wondering about this myself. Now that Disney makes us buy a minimum 2day ticket with packages, I wanted to apply that to my AP renewal. I know you can only apply one ticket to the renewal so I guess it doesn't matter if it's one ticket with one day (unused) or one ticket with multiple days (unused). At least this is how I'm understanding this thread.

It doesn't matter how many days are on a ticket, as long as it is unused, they will give you credit. In your example, a base 2-day ticket would give you a credit of $162 toward the AP. From my understanding of what CleveRocks said above, you would get $162 off of the AP renewal price of $459 (instead of getting $162 off of $499 if Disney did not allow you to "upgrade" using the "renewal" price.)

magicofdisney
11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
It doesn't matter how many days are on a ticket, as long as it is unused, they will give you credit. In your example, a base 2-day ticket would give you a credit of $162 toward the AP. From my understanding of what CleveRocks said above, you would get $162 off of the AP renewal price of $459 (instead of getting $162 off of $499 if Disney did not allow you to "upgrade" using the "renewal" price.)

Right. The point I wanted to make, but didn't :blush:, was that they will not take 2 individual tickets and apply those to an upgrade, but they will take one ticket with 2 days on it and apply that to an upgrade. Correct?

Of course I've read exceptions to this, but I believe it's the general rule.

CleveRocks
11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Yes, a ticket CAN be used towards the price of an AP renewal. It's still a one-for-one upgrade. You're not combining the ticket with the existing AP. Rather, you are extended the courtesy of a renewal price, but you are buying the new AP outright. Therefore, it's not like you're combining 2 tickets (the MYW ticket and the existing AP) to get a new AP at the renewal price.

Confused?

Don't worry about understanding why Disney does what it does. There probably is no "why." It just IS.:mickey:

So yes, a ticket that is eligible for upgrading CAN be used towards the price of an AP renewal. No question about it.