PDA

View Full Version : Best time of year to Visit WDW

CanadaLovesDisney
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Looking to plan a trip but I want to avoid the time of year that have the cheerleading competitions, travel teams etc. Does anyone know what time of year those big groups typically go? I have heard (some) of them can be noisy.

DisneyFr33k
11-07-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm a teacher and think the times ours go is the Spring time. Correct me if I am wrong, those that know.

I love this time of year - October or November. The Food and Wine Festival is wonderful and the crowds are reasonable. But the weather can be nice - still able to swim.

Strmchsr
11-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Those groups really don't have much of an impact except at the All-Star resorts (especially Sports) and occasionally one of the moderates. They aren't a huge impact on the parks.

That said, if you're trying to avoid school groups, then eliminate December through May from your planning. There is something almost every single month, whether it be football (Pop Warner in December), cheerleaders in January, dance teams in February, and high school bands make trips to WDW constantly March-May. So, that would leave you June-November. June through October is generally pretty hot and also hurricane season so the "best" time would probably be early November.

JenniferS.
11-07-2010, 08:18 AM
If you can stand the heat and afternoon thunderstorms, the 1st week in Sept. is the best time to go. Very low crowds!!

ryca1dreams
11-07-2010, 08:37 AM
We've always gone in October for many reasons, but weather and lower crowds primarily.

We are looking at going next year in the first week of May. With Easter falling on the last Sunday in April, should crowds be lower by then? Also, Strmchsr, how are rain showers then - do they have a daily one or is it kind of hit and miss?

Wrigley
11-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Our new favorite time of year to visit is the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. We went Oct 29-Nov 7 last year and it was perfect. We had no crowds, decent temps, and not a drop of rain! We also did MNSSHP on Halloween night, and we had a blast! We also fell in love with the Food and Wine Festival-wonderful! We will be visiting at this time of year from now on!:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Also, Strmchsr, how are rain showers then - do they have a daily one or is it kind of hit and miss?

The daily thunderstorms don't really start up until June. I've been the first week of May the last two years. Out of those 16 total days we had 1 day with rain. Highs were in the low to mid 90s, but that's a little above average. Crowds, however, really shocked me. They were not small at all. I had always heard early May was a low crowd time, and it probably used to be, but the last 2 years they've been significant. Not jam packed, but not light either.

faline
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM
The Crowds, however, really shocked me. They were not small at all. I had always heard early May was a low crowd time, and it probably used to be, but the last 2 years they've been significant. Not jam packed, but not light either.

And..I suspect with Easter falling so late next year, that many who might have gone in April - after Easter will wait even longer and go in early May.

CanadaLovesDisney
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
:mickey:Thanks so much everyone!

bostonsam
11-08-2010, 10:14 AM
2 times we went and was (freaking)hot and the other 2 busy so going next month hopefully we'll find it to be a completely different experience...can't wait:number1:

Mogie
11-08-2010, 10:23 AM
If you dont have kids, or are willing to take them out of school for a few days, September after labor day, the parks are almost empty with no lines during the week. Get a little more crowded on the weekends but very manageable.

PrettyMinnie
11-11-2010, 08:51 PM
We did end of April twice when Easter/Spring Break was early and the weather and crowds were wonderful! Good luck!

WDWdriver
11-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Late October through early November has always been a good time to go. And still is, although crowd levels are somewhat higher now than in years past.