PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Tampa

finaldynasty
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
My family and I are going to Tampa the last week in December. We are planning on going to the childrens musuem, zoo, and aqurium. We are up in the air about Busch Gardens. Any suggestions? Is BG a must? Is there anything else you would recommend? Should we stay near downtown? Keep in mind my kids are 8, 7, 3.

Thanks

stephntampa
11-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Busch Gardens is a really nice theme park. There are rides for all ages, however it is heavy on "thrill" coasters, and most of them have a 54" (I think) height requirement. But, there is the new Jungala area (geared toward kids), and a recently refurbished area called Sesame Place for the little ones, which has lots of kiddie rides with a Sesame Street theme. You can also have a meal with Elmo and friends in that section. The park itself is beautiful, and frankly, a much better animal experience than AK (IMHO). Have fun on your trip, good luck decision making! :)

murphy1
11-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I love Busch Gardens, they have done a lot of neat things to the park since I moved away from the area, but I liked what they did when I went last year.