PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 10/29 to 11/5

disneydad153
11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
On Fri 10/29, Me, DW and 2 DD's departed Phila. around 1:40pm and arrived at our first stop, Coronado Springs by 5pm. We stayed 2 nights in the Ranchos. It was our fisrt time back at CS since 2000. The grounds were great and the walk to Pepper market was not that bad.

Sat was spent at AK. Crowds were not bad.

Sunday we moved to BLT. Spent morning at the pool and then MNSSHP at night. The only issue came up was that I had bought the tickets back when they first came available but elected to do will call for pick up. I got our tickets and then proceeded to the turnstyle only to be told they were for Nov 1st. I went right back to guest services. They exchanged the tickets but did charge me an additional $100+ because the computer showed that I had gotten a member discount and no discount was available for the 31st party which I knew because when I ordered them, I had that discussion with the CM. Lesson learned was that I will never do will call again so that in case there is an issue, I can address it sooner than at the gate. Party was great as always and I didn't think crowds were that bad. The headless Horseman seemed to go by slower than the last time we went in 2008. Better for photos but I liked it when he ran by. We walked on space mountain twice in a row and walked onto POTC. Only wait was with HM but the line moved quick.

Rest of week was great. Some rain on Tues and Thurs night. Temp didn't drop until Fri when it was around 75 degrees and windy.
Food and wine was awesome. Bought the wrist gift card which made life easier. Also did Ohanas and the princess lunch at Akershus. Rest of time we did cs at the parks or ate at BLT.

They had Xmas tree up at DHS on wed and by Fri, MK was decorated and Xmas music was playing.

After checking out on Fri and dropping bags at bell hop, we went to MK for a few hours. Met Rapunzel at the old Belle garden and hit IASW as our last ride. Then walked back to BLT and boarded the DME for our flight home.

Overall a great week. We are already planning next year. Thanks for reading.:mickey:

forever a child
11-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

What time were they letting people in for the MHSSHP? I am still not sure about MVMCP tickets and if we could get in at 4pm instead of 7pm, I may consider doing it.

disneydad153
11-06-2010, 09:48 PM
We went right around 7pm this year. In the past we were in the park earlier and went and got our wrist bands around 4pm by tomorrowland. There may be a difference in time for those in the park already and those arriving just for the party. :confused:

Also, the price difference was over $100 because I had also purchased for our friends we were meeting there, it wasnt just for 4 tickets.

Goofeygal
11-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I would love to do the MNSSHP sometime.

faline
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Run week! Too bad about the expensive misunderstanding for the tickets!

My understanding is that they did continue to let folks in for the party by around 4 p .m..

Suz36
11-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

WDWdriver
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Unfortunate episode with the tickets, but otherwise a very nice week. Have fun planning for next year.

Minnie_Mouse
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip! i really enjoy reading peoples trip reports. I would love to go to MVMCP on our next trip... which is very soon!! i've never been to a MVMCP, or a MNSSHP, so i think that it would be pretty fun. :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
thanks for the report

KylesMom
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
While it is disappointing you had to spend more money on the party tickets, it sounds like a magical time was had by all. Glad to hear you're already planning next years' trip! :mickey: