PDA

View Full Version : Any Moms Traveling Alone with the Kids?

kaliepooh
11-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Are there any moms traveling alone with the kids to the World this Christmas? This will be my first time traveling to the world without, dad, my dh. He has a wonderful opportunity to establish a new business and cannot make this trip with us.

This will also be our first Disney Christmas. We usually travel to the world during the off season, in late August. We are going to be arriving at the World during Christmas week and we don't leave until after the New Year.

I'll be traveling to the World alone with ds 14 and dd 8 during the Christmas Season. Mom's how do you manage during any time at the world without dad?

eandrsmom
11-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I've never been Christmas week. I've heard that it is the busiest time of the year, so expect huge crowds. We were there last May, and our DS11 caught a stomach bug.:sick: I ended up taking my DD2, DS5, and DD10 to the parks alone, while my husband stayed with our son. I have to say, that I really was surprised how easy things were. We stayed until after the fireworks, then waited around eating ice cream until the crowds thinned. We are seasoned Disney veterans, so we know how to avoid most crowds. I think that you'll do fine, especially since your kids are older. Just make sure you have ADR's, because I'm sure that there will be no walk-up availability because of the crowds.

Kenny1113
11-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I used to take my DSs all the time without DH! I did not have any problems without him. :mickey:He always hated it and I hated hearing him complain! :) But I have made him see the light. ;) so the last couple of years he has gone with us.

kaliepooh
11-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Ladies thank you so much for the encouragement. We are going to miss him so much. He is the person that holds the table while we grab the meals. He holds the bags while we ride, etc. Not going with him during the Holidays makes it especially hard because we'll be spending Christmas, my birthday, New Years and his birthday without him.

The good news is that we have dinning reservations for every day that we are going to be there. So I believe our trip should be hassle free, except for the crowds. For the first time we are going to have parkhopper tickets, just in case the park that we select gets to crowded.

I'm praying that this will be an incident free vacation as always!