PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown garden no longer open?

ToraTory
11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
One of my favorite Illuminations viewing spots is the garden beside Rose and Crown. I usually get there about an hour and half early and wait for Illuminations to start (have done this for years). I just read somewhere that recently this has changed and now you need reservations to be in that area refered to as Rose and Crown Beer Garden. Has anyone else seen this? What's the deal, have they started serving diner out there again? Is it reserved just for diners? This is making me very nervous. -- tory

peemagg
11-06-2010, 05:33 PM
The one and only time that we watched from there, they only allowed those who ate at the restaurant in there. We even had to show our receipts to prove that we had eaten there.

This was back in 2005.

TiggeRia
11-06-2010, 06:03 PM
We watched Illuminations from there when I was there in September this year. There were two people standing at the entrance and they said they were opening it up that evening. We got a great spot on the benches but had to be there about two hours before show time.

MOJoe
11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
I believe this area is frequently reserved for corporate partys and other functions. So it may not be available, even if you have dinner at the R&C. Not sure how you would know about such events in advance either. :confused: