PDA

View Full Version : Grocery stores and alcohol

NewDVCowner
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
We're going down to Orlando in December and will be arriving a day early. On this day we plan to have a car and pick up food and beverages to bring to our hotel. I have two questions.

1.) I know in some states there are special stores to buy alcohol in - you can just buy wine or tequilla in your regular grocery store. Is this the case in Florida? Will we need to hunt one down or can we just find a grocery store and get what we need?

2.) Is there a Trader Joe's in Orlando? I'm not picky, their Two Buck Chuck works for me. :blush: I just don't want to haul it on the plane.

Thanks! :mickey:

faline
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
In my experience, groceries in Florida carry beer and wine and there are separape stores that sell alcohol.

I don't know if Trader Joe's is in Florida. I did a search but it doesn't bring up any results for the Orlando area.

Scar
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
I know in some states there are special stores to buy alcohol in - you can just buy wine or tequilla in your regular grocery store.Wait a second... there are states where you can buy tequilla in a grocery store but not beer?

In Fla you can get beer and wine almost anywhere but need to go to an ABC store for liquor. There is one at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd.

NewDVCowner
11-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks all.

And I don't know if beer is ever a certain store, but I mis-typed 'can't' and said 'can' and didn't double check.

Until my sister moved to North Carolina a few years ago I never knew that you couldn't just pick up anything you needed at the local Safeway. :cool:

minnie-mouse
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
There is a shopping Center like a mile from te entrance of Disney property that has both an ABC Liquors store (selling beer, wine & liquor) and also a Winn-Dixie grocery store for all your food shopping needs. Just google the Winn-Dixie and you can get their website and directions. We find this shopping center very convenient when we arrive at Disney.