PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's almost live trip report - part 11

dlpmikki
11-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Wednesday 27th October (Day 16)
It’s the family’s “non-Disney” day (they are going to Sea World) and their first stop is the Car Centre to hire a car. My Mikki drives them. When she gets back Andrew isn’t feeling great so she pops off to Florida Mall without him. When she gets back they go to Puck Express for lunch at Disney Marketplace. Andrew has a very tasty Meatball Pizza and Mikki has a chicken salad.

When the family get back they go swimming (well Andrew is sensible and stays with me). Mikki then leads them back to the hire car place to return the car and then brings them home. The family decide to go to Portobello’s for dinner while my humans snack in the room because their lunch was quite big.

Thursday 28th October (Day 17)
Today is Animal Kingdom day. First stop is Kilimanjaro Safari so the kids can see real animals. They have changed the story a little since we last rode the safari. Then, it’s off to Expedition Everest, pausing only for pictures with Baloo and King Louie. Expedition Everest proves a huge hit with dad and the girls going on 5 times. After that, my humans’ ponchos come into play on Kali River Rapids before we walk through the Maharajah Jungle Trek. This is more than my humans ever manage on their own. We even ride Dinosaur before lunch at Restaurantosaurus. The family then want to catch the Nemo show so we leave them and go back to Old Key West.

There’s been a lot of discussion of a family meal out today (and several changes of reservations). We thought the whole family would go to Morocco but when we discover it is to be just us and Mikki’s sister Julie, we manage to change the reservation to Bistro de Paris. Dad will go swimming with the kids and then eat at Old Key West. I stay at home too. I think Andrew and the two ladies enjoyed their meal (they all looked jolly smart when they left) but I heard Julie had one small quibble about the description of the salad she ordered.

Friday 29th October (Day 18)
It’s last day for the family in the parks so its last chance to go back to your favourites. We split up. Dad and older daughter go to the Studios (main target, Rock and Roller Coaster). We go with mum and younger daughter (too small for R&R) to the Magic Kingdom. We arrive just in time for Toontown to open and get in line for the fairies. I think this is when mum learns about standing in line at Disney. Up to now, they have done very well through a combination of luck and Mikki’s planning. Anyway, we get to see Tink and I get a picture with Vidia.

We went to Tomorrowland but Buzz had a long line so it was back to the old favourite, Big Thunder Mountain. Why do people suddenly decide the next thing they have to ride is about as far away as you can get. I’m glad I have my human to carry me!. We head over there and it is a 20 minute wait but that is more reasonable for BTMR than Buzz! We get the very back seats and mum and daughter have great fun. It is getting near time to meet up with everyone else at Epcot so we head back through Adventureland stopping for some refreshment at Aloha Isle (Pineapple dole whips all round) and then hit the shops before exiting the park and taking the monorail to Epcot. This will be the only monorail ride our family guests get (this time).

Once at Epcot we meet up at the land to have a late lunch at Sunshine Seasons. This is the best counter service food the family have had all week. The line for Soarin is way too long so my Mikki suggests Living with the Land which the family all enjoy. As we leave the park there is just time for pictures with Daisy and Stitch (who is very playful!) before heading back to Old Key West for the kids to swim and mum to pack. Mum starts packing and decides she needs a new case so my Mikki and Andrew take her to a nearby outlet where she finds just what she is looking for – plus a few more things to pack in it!

The humans all go to West Side for a farewell dinner. They are pleased to get into Wolfgang Puck with only a short wait – and to be seated in a relatively quiet room. However, the variety on the menu seemed much less than my humans remembered. Mikki’s sister liked her sushi starter but most of the main courses seemed to go for size more than style. Still, it was a last night out together and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Suz36
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Sounds like another fun few days! I wish they could deliver Dole Whips!!

Joannelet
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
How fun! Glad that everyone had such a great time!

faline
11-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Seems like Mikki's family has had a very nice visit to Disney World!

DizNee143
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
sounds like a nice few days!:mickey:

WDWdriver
11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Quite a mix of activities and meals here. Glad to hear that everything worked out well.

Bethis26fan
11-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
11-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

KylesMom
11-16-2010, 09:43 AM
What a couple of eventful days for your humans and their family . . . it sounds like everyone has thoroughly enjoyed themselves! :mickey: