PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend 2011

Morgan6996
11-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Any idea when Disney will have their Star Wars weekend in 2011. My son is a huge fan and we'd like to plan our vacation around that weekend.

KylesMom
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Star Wars Weekends, while not set in stone, have been the last two weekends in May and the first two weekends in June for a few years in a row now. The "weekends" include Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Admittedly, a few years have been on different dates, but this seems to be the most popular trend.

Star Tours is slated to reopen around May 17th, which would fit nicely with the above mentioned schedule. However, until Disney releases firm dates for SWWs, I wouldn't make any travel plans I couldn't change. As soon as Disney makes the official announcement regarding SWWs, we'll have it here! :darth:

I should add that we've attended many Star Wars Weekends over the years, and it's a great time!

Carol
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I would not plan a trip before the dates are announced. There have been occasions when the dates have varied. A few years ago they were only held in June.

If that is your purpose for going wait to book rooms and airfare. Typically Disney announces them around the begining of the year -- so you're only a few months away from officially knowing. :yoda:

RBrooksC
11-04-2010, 08:29 AM
While I would love to go to Star Wars Weekends again, I made my plans for, what could be, the opening weekend for Star Wars Weekends. If it happens, it happens but that is not a deal-breaker for me.

Gator
11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
One day! One day I'll get to go there during Star Wars weekends. It sounds like so much fun for a scifi buff like me.

finaldynasty
12-23-2010, 10:15 PM
My suggestion would be to look at the weekends from this past summer and look at a 2011 calender. They are usually the same weekend each year. I would also suggest booking one during one of the June SWW, just in case they push back the opening date of the STs. I've only had a chance to attend once and I can tell you that if the force is strong with him...he will LOVE it!!!

MOJoe
12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
The first week of June is most likely a safe bet. But if you are planning your trip around SWW's then you may want to wait until the official announcement comes out.

My DS 11 is a huge Star Wars fan. We are already booked for the last week of May. So i am hoping that this year the historical SWW dates will remain.

Oh, and welcome to Intercot. :mickey: :yoda: