PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for dining in NYC?

Katzateer
11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
We are looking for 2 lunches and one dinner. We will be near Radio City Music Hall on a Saturday and near Madison Square Garden Sunday.

Not sure about dinner-anywhere around the Theatre District would work.

Any suggestions? We probably will just bring some granola bars for breakfast or if anyone knows of a light breakfast (bagels, pastries)....

Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-03-2010, 04:26 PM
We had dinner at Aureole a few weeks ago, and it was exquisite. Expensive. We topped our previous most expensive meal for two- but that's with a very good bottle of wine. 42 Street near 7th. Gramercy Tavern closer to the Madison Square Park area- you can go to the tavern part, more casual and less expensive- or the dining room. Bryant Park Grill (42 and 5-6th, ish?) looked good, great setting with the rink open. Behind the NY Library. I just had drinks there, so not sure about the menu.

Lunch near Radio City- either Pasta Lovers (good, freshly made pasta dishes and Italian specialties, near Rockefeller Center) or Morrell Wine Bar/Cafe (excellent) right across from NBC in Rockefeller Center. Of course, Carnegie Deli or Stage Deli are both fun, too.
A lot of the places I mentioned have websites if you type in the name at a search engine, and that might help you decide.

lynnek
11-03-2010, 06:39 PM
We visit just about every Christmas and always look forward to trying new restaurants/experiences. I always look things up on menupages.com--you can put in cuisine type and $$.(Is this alright to post?) We especially enjoyed Kraft Bar last time we were there--more south on Broadway. Another thought is to try the Hell's Kitchen area--some amazing dining! Soul Fixin's,Chez Josephine, Jezebel and there is also a homemade pie place--awesome. Jazz bars around the area you're looking--Birdland--I think it's on 44th, or Blue Note--3rd st. are also a nice late dinner-type thing.

jmj18
11-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I would highly recommend Becco. It is located on
West 46th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. The food is AWESOME! living in New Jersey we eat here often and have never been disappointed.

Hope this helps!

:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
11-04-2010, 12:15 AM
In the theater district we luckily stumbled on to Pergola Des Artisits at 252 W. 46th St. It's a rather small French restaurant, very crowded and fairly loud, but OMGosh the food was amazing. Do take a look at menupages dot com and check out their pricing for the Matinee Specials at lunch time, for NYC the pricing for complete meals are great.

GreenBeetle
11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Well, not sure what your tastes are . . . but we absolutely LOVE :joy: Bubba Gump's in Time Square. Ask for a window seat to look out on all the hustle and bustle of the street below.

Of course it is a chain restaurant so if you are looking for something one-of-a-kind, it may not be for you. Have fun!

DisneyMom12
11-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Rosa Mexicano is fantastic. They have 3 locations in the city.

Nini
11-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Also, check out "Restaurant Row", which is 46th St. to the west.
Lots of restaurants with regular dinner menus, plus pre and post show menus if that's what you end up needing.

We've been to the Bourbon Street Grille twice and really enjoyed both visits.

JMHO, but between the Carnegie Deli and the Stage Deli, we preferred the Stage Deli. Huge sandwiches which are more than enough to share, and awesome cheesecake.

Denise

Katzateer
11-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions-I am writing them all down.

Three people I asked from this area have said Ellen's Starlight Diner is good and a lot of fun so I am looking at that for lunch after Radio City.

And I LOVE Bubba Gumps but have eaten at them in Chicago, Gaitlinburg and somewhere else (maybe St. Louis???) so may try something new. But the shrimp may be calling my name...... yum!

luvdiznee
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse at Grand Central was good.