PDA

View Full Version : Handicapped at World of Color

ransam
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I am in a wheelchair, and someone told me the world of color is STO. will i be able to see from my chair?

Disney4us2
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I am in a wheelchair, and someone told me the world of color is STO. will i be able to see from my chair?

There is h/c accessible viewing. I did it and it was great. You will still need a fastpass though. I got my fastpass with the WOC picnic dinner. I was us right against the railing and no one was in my way. I was near the front of the line, so I was able to get my choice of spots. Even if you are not near the railing, you should be able to see fine. If you go to the 9pm (1st) show there is a pre show which is cute.

Disney4us2
11-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I forgot to add.... there are several handicapped viewing areas at WOC.

NewDVCowner
11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't know for sure, but my sister tutors for a girl that is in a wheelchair that goes to Disney all the time with her family. They went to see WOC and were told they'd be able to see 'most' everything from the handicap viewing areas. There is stuff that happens on the water (fire, mostly, but some low water stuff) that wouldn't be viewable from where they were put. They did ask and were moved to another location where they'd be able to see everything, but just be aware that some of the things to see might not be viewable from that area.

But, at the same time, when I went to see it I was on the left side and there were things that were happening on the right that I sure didn't see so I guess there can bedrawbacks no matter what.

LibertyTreeGal
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
We were in the handicapped viewing area in August and it was fine -- except for the non handicapped girls who came in with someone else who were jostling to get in front of my kid in the wheelchair (wedging in between him and the rope no less!). Make sure you get in right next to the rope or you will not see a thing, the areas are flat and box shaped so just because you are in one, does not mean you will be at the rope. Arrive early!