PDA

View Full Version : More Jan/Feb Refurbs Announced

Strmchsr
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm shocked at the amount of stuff closing in January. Other than what we already know, today it was announced that the Studio Backlot Tour will be down Jan 3-29, 2011. Also, I know a lot of you with little ones will need to know that Playhouse Disney Live on Stage will be closed Jan 30-March 5. Not sure if they are changing the script and characters again or just routine stuff. Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground will be down Jan 3-29, 2011 and the Liberty Square RiverBoat will be down Jan 29-Feb 4, 2011.

senderella
11-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Phooey! My kids and I love the Backlot Tour. We are going in January (have not been in almost 2 years). I knew there would be construction and refurbs, hope I am not totally disappointed.

Gator
11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Every year, everyone tells me that January is a terrible time for refurbs and to expect it, accept it, and move on. Can't say that really makes me feel any better when my kids start asking my why they can't go see the Mickey Mouse puppets.

faline
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
There are always tradeoffs in life. If you want to got when things are the least busy, you need to expect that some attractions will be down for refurbishment. If you want to go when it is likely that the most attractions will be open, it is likely you'll be sharing the parks with a larger group of folks.

Disney1977
11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
The Studio Backlot Tour was also closed the last week of January 2009. It's too bad that we will miss this attraction for a second time.