PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

M Riddle
11-03-2010, 12:09 PM
We can book two nights at a discount rate for a one bedroom, theme park view villa at Bay Lake Tower. We currently have a reservation at Pop Century. Is the view and are the amenities of the resort worth spending over $400 dollars more for? The perks of the kitchen, laundary, and size are not that important to us as it is only for two nights. We will be heading over to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the rest of our vacation. :cloud9:

WishingStar2006
11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Assuming that you are a DVC member, there is a roof top reception during Fireworks (at least there was when I was there in August) that is just for DVC members.

We are not DVC members and while the rooms are very nice there...we didn't feel like we were at Disney at all and liked the pool at the Contemporary much better. The week we were there the skywalk was closed so it was a long haul to get to transportation (both monorail and the buses).

So, IMHO, not worth the $400 but I'm sure there will be many who will advise you to switch. If the kitchen, laundry and size don't matter....then I don't see spending the $400 other than to say you tried it!!!!

RBrooksC
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
To be honest, that is really only a question you can answer yourself. You need to put a price on things. You are staying at a resort that is far removed from most things. Is staying right next to the MK and on the monorail worth it? Is staying in a DVC resort worth it?

We decided to splurge and stay in the CR with a MK view because we felt the extra money this time we could spend and have little extra for our young children and ourselves.

Some people would never do that, even if they had money to burn.

What price do you put on certain things during any vacation?

M Riddle
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Thank you for your responses. I'll have to think long and hard on what to do.

When you get a theme park view room is the view WOW? Or is it mostly parking lot with the castle off in the distance?

faline
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Over the summer, we had a studio at Bay Lake Tower. We had booked a lake view and we did have a view of the lake (off to the right) but we also had an unexpected view of the Magic Kingdom (off to the left). Just because of the location of Bay Lake Tower, if you have a view of the Magic Kingdom, you are likely to also have a view of some parking lots. If we looked down, we had a view of the tennis courts, housekeeping area, and parking lot.

However, we also had a wonderful view of Space Mountain and, off to the left, of the rest of the Magic Kingdom. We spent several nights "at home" and watched the fireworks from our lanai several times. For me, it was certainly a "wow" view and I was very appreciative of the unexpected Magic Kingdom portion of our view!

Gator
11-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Dude, I'd do it. Get crammed into a postage stamp-sized room, OR get a large room where you can wake up and see the Castle and Space Mountain. If you have to be in a different room anyway, go with the good one. Think of all the photos and video you'll bring home reminding you of how great that room was. DO IT!:D