PDA

View Full Version : The best WDW resort....

Belster
11-02-2010, 11:30 PM
If you had to vote hands down....what would you vote as the best WDW resort and why?

MagicalGuest
11-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Boardwalk. It's beautiful, service was great, and best of all — you can walk to Epcot! Plus, the water shuttle to DHS is convenient.

But now we stay at AS Sports...DH and I figure that the kids (11 and 6) won't appreciate Boardwalk and we're almost never in the room, so why waste the cash now?

Mitzie
11-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Of the ones we have stayed at...POR for a mod. just love the themeing and grounds. Dlx..AKL it just gave us a special feeling we enjoyed. We were club level with a veiw of the animals. It didn't bother us to be isolated. These are the two we would want to get back to.

llamaface
11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
My hands down favorite is the Grand Floridian. I love everything about it! :cloud9:

WishingStar2006
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm a Wilderness Lodge girl...LOVE IT, LOVE IT....it's so beautiful and peaceful and self contained and a great location. We venture to other deluxe's on occasion and once there, wish we were at Wilderness Lodge...even our recent trip staying at BLT....we looked accross Bay Lake and wished we were at Wilderness Lodge!!!!

caryrae
11-03-2010, 09:23 AM
We have only stayed at All Star Movies, POP, Coronado Springs, and Port Orleans French Quarter. All were nice places but out of those we liked POFQ best. We loved the small size and theme of the place, the boat ride to DtD was very nice. This may change if we get a chance to stay at other Resorts.

We had breakfast at Poly one morning and walked around inside and outside a little and it looked like an awesome place to stay.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
We've never stayed at Deluxe Level...would love to try Poly, AKL or WL but of the ones we've stayed at so far I guess it would be All Star Movies

SJSJ4
11-03-2010, 09:45 AM
OKW!! Love it. Return there each year :here:

Evil Genius
11-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Port Orleans Riverside for us!

The resort is gorgeous and has everything we could ask for in a resort. Beautiful landscaping...comfortable rooms...a great themed pool and quite pools...fantastic food court and table service...the boat to DtD...extra activities like you find at a deluxe without paying deluxe prices!

jmj18
11-03-2010, 09:46 AM
The Poly...club level. The grounds are so beautiful and peaceful. The staff could not be more WONDERFUL!

My favorite.....hands down!

:mickey:

Belster
11-03-2010, 11:02 AM
My favorite if money were not an issue is Poly....I just LOVE the way that place makes me feel. Plus we have some wonderful memories there. :mickey:

cajunprincess
11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Im a Coronado girl! From the moment I walked in, I knew it was the place for me to be. I'll be there for my 3rd visit in Jan!!!!:party:

Wrigley
11-03-2010, 11:21 AM
My favorite would have to be Wilderness Lodge. I just love the theme of the resort. As soon as I walk in and hear the music playing in the lobby, it feels like the Disney magic is starting already!

JROriole8Fan
11-03-2010, 12:01 PM
is purely subjective. I get asked all the time which is our favorite and my response is "it depends". We've found that every resort has both pros and cons, no one is perfect. So everyone gets to answer thier favorite and be right, because it is right for them. On the same hand, you can always find an aspect at another resort that is better than some aspect of your favorite resort. My answer would then be wherever you are staying at the time because you are in WDW!

#1donaldfan
11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
POR Riverside !!! It's very shaded, laid back, quiet, relaxing, a multitude of pools to choose from, good food, both CS and TS, great bus route, boat rental, boat ride to Dtd, bike paths, horse carriage rides, ample rooms, .... I'm sure there's more.....these are just a few !!:thumbsup:

vicster
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Another vote for WL! Love everything about it.

Gator
11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
The best I've stayed at so far would be Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. I loved it so much that I themed my bedroom after it. However, the one resort I think is the best, but haven't been able to afford to go, would be Boardwalk. It's so beautiful and next door to Epcot - the latter would be awesome.

ryca1dreams
11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
is purely subjective. I get asked all the time which is our favorite and my response is "it depends". We've found that every resort has both pros and cons, no one is perfect. So everyone gets to answer thier favorite and be right, because it is right for them. On the same hand, you can always find an aspect at another resort that is better than some aspect of your favorite resort. My answer would then be wherever you are staying at the time because you are in WDW!

This is true, but I will say my overall favorite is Poly because it is like an attraction within itself. However, there are times when I would like to go somewhere else. So, I get your point.

mickeymousedabomb
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
This is so tough! I haven't been to them all but from what I've expierenced thus far I will have to go with AKL. The atmosphere there brings me to a world I'll never expierence. All have themes to the tee but AKL is my dream resort to stay at!:mickey:

phlo8810
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The boardwalk! You can walk to two parks. Plus it's a great place to wind down after a day in the parks. Never stayed at the Polynesian but that is the only place I think I could like better.

Mogie
11-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I would love to stay in one of the true Disney hotels sometime, but we keep going back to the Dolphin/Swan for the cheap rates with AAA, short walk, boats and buses to the park. Can't beat it.

mook3y
11-03-2010, 01:28 PM
We love the POLY.

one of our favorite experiences ever at WDW was watching the fireworks from the pool!

:cloud9:

Stickey
11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
The AKL, Jambo House, is our clear favorite.
No other resort can compare to a savannah view room at AKL.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Poly - though we have never stayed there, we aspire to.

But, of those we have stayed at - TREEHOUSE VILLAS!!!! Loved that it was our "home" ... an actual detached home for us in the middle of the magic but, felt remote in the woods. Loved that I didn't have to worry about kids crying and waking up the rooms around us. We'd sit on the deck in the morning with breakfast. Watch the boats go by. Go local animal hunting. Great! :thumbsup:

Plus its a 3 bedroom for the point price of a 2 bedroom. And our own parking spot!

Jeany031
11-03-2010, 02:16 PM
i love contemporary!

c&d
11-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Wilderness Lodge only because I had to chose one. Followed closely by AKL. I like the feeling they both give of being tucked away from everything.

JabberJaws
11-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Mine would be DAK Lodge. The theming is, IMO, hands down the best in all of WDW, and you really can't compete with the savanna being right there. Also, it houses one of the singular best restaurants on property (Jikos). I know a lot of people knock it for its distance from the non-AK parts of the resort, but that is just another reason why I like it. You are away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park, and again that fits perfect into the "in the wilds of Africa" theme.

princessjojo
11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
We've stayed at mods and DVC's both. I have to say that of the mods we've stayed at POR was the favorite. Love the grounds and the serenity of the place. We've only stayed at 2 of the DVC's and SSR was the fav of the two. I know most don't like the place for a variety of different reasons, but the last time we were there, we had a wonderful waterview room, it was quiet and the view of DTD at night was grand. Sure I will probably change my mind when/if I stay at one of the other resorts, but from my experiences thus far, this is my opinion.

Now, my favorite wanna-stay-at resort is Poly. We have to visit every time we're down. Can't help myself. Maybe one day...:cloud9:

JerseyDad
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
.......I would have to say...with great conviction...and superior judgement skills....that the absolute BEST WDW resort is:

.....whatever one that you were / are fortunate enough to be able to stay at!!

BrerGnat
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I think this would be a more interesting question if you looked at the resorts as STAND ALONE destinations. As in, take out "location", take out "transportation to the parks", and take out "theme park views". Then, judge the resorts on their own merits.

Of the resorts I've stayed at, I would have to give WL the title of "Best WDW Resort". It has everything I could ask for in a "resort" and nothing it doesn't need (like tennis courts...who actually uses those at WDW???) ;)

Runner up would be Beach Club.

KODABEAR
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM
:mickey: Having stayed at all the WDW resorts :party2: Our favorite is Beach Club, it has a combo of quite area's and active areas. :lei: :vacation:
DH is a sports fan and with ESPN Club close by he is happy!:old: I love sitting at the beach and watching the all the activity:knit: But then every Disney Hotel is special in it's own way :cloud9:

PETE FROM NYC
11-04-2010, 06:43 PM
So far, we have stayed in POR, and Carribean way back in the 80s when they were the cheapos. Since then its been the values. Twice at ASMu, once at ASMo, and last year, once at Pop.
Don't remember exactly why, but we enjoyed CBR much more than POR.
Of the values, I think I lean more to Pop, mostly for the better bus service, but I think ASMo has better theming.
Last year we joined DVC and just stayed in a 1 BR villa in BLT. The theming there is what I would call sterile. But what will keep me going back there is the full kitchen and laundry.
We do not look for too many amenities, basically a place to sleep and wash up because we are theme park commandos.

Ian
11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I've stayed at just about every WDW resort ... the only ones I'm missing are All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Treehouse Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas, and Ft. Wilderness.

I've stayed in All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Resort, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Resort, Beach Club Villas, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and even Shades of Green.

I haven't stayed at Bay Lake Tower yet, but I'll be checking in there in just about a month so I'm counting that one.

So point being, I feel like I've gotten enough "flavor" of all the Disney resorts to pick a true favorite.

Unfortunately ... I can't reveal it here. We'll be covering our favorite resorts in a future INTERCOT Insider Live podcast, so you'll all just have to tune in and find out there which one I like best!

BrerGnat
11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Unfortunately ... I can't reveal it here. We'll be covering our favorite resorts in a future INTERCOT Insider Live podcast, so you'll all just have to tune in and find out there which one I like best!

Sweet...

I was hoping you guys wouldn't just abandon that "lost podcast". I am really looking forward to hearing everyone's favorites. :thumbsup:

Belster
11-05-2010, 01:30 AM
I've stayed at just about every WDW resort ... the only ones I'm missing are All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Treehouse Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas, and Ft. Wilderness.

I've stayed in All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Resort, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Resort, Beach Club Villas, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and even Shades of Green.

I haven't stayed at Bay Lake Tower yet, but I'll be checking in there in just about a month so I'm counting that one.

So point being, I feel like I've gotten enough "flavor" of all the Disney resorts to pick a true favorite.

Ohhh I had no idea!! Cannot wait!!

Mousemates
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM
My sentimental favorite (and overall favorite) is the contemporary tower...it was where I stayed at on my first visit way back in the mid 70s..plus you can "walk home" from the magic kingdom, board the monorail with out encountering the weather, great views on either side, really big rooms and my favorite resort bathrooms ( I know that might sound odd, but we really like the layout)

Plus you are only an elevator ride from my favorite resort eatery (California Grill), a boat ride away from my second favorite resort eatery (Artist Point) and a monorail ride away from the sticky wings at Kona Cafe.

I know some folks feel its a little antiseptic in its theming, but to me it exudes Disney and is the most iconic resort on property.

The wilderness lodge would be a close second (it to me is the most romantic resort)....coming in third would be the GF.

As for the Poly and BC/YC...great resorts in their own right, but to me the lobbies all lack the wow factor of the three I mentioned.

TinkerbellsMom
11-06-2010, 09:04 AM
AKL is our favorite and WDW home away from home. The theming simply can't be beat and can't be found anywhere else in the US. The native CMs add so much authenticity to the Lodge and are great with the guests, especially the kids.

DisneyBarb
11-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Poly vote here! Stayed at several other Disney resorts but always come back here... The monorail to MK and Epcot (and then a nice boat ride to Studios from Epcot if you plan well!). Pleasant staff (Aloha!) lush landscape, tiki torches, the sound of the boats and seeing the MK fireworks from the beach..ahhhh love it!

LudwigVonDrake
11-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Of the ones I've stayed at...Wilderness Lodge with Polynesian a close second.