PDA

View Full Version : Another Quick Report For Another Quick Trip!

alaMode
11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Hola!
Ds and I have just returned from a 4-day trip to WDW. It was one of our best trips ever and I even managed to relax quite a bit! The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS--clear blue skies, 80s and low humidity.
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and LOVED it! Loved the smaller size of the resort, loved the pool, loved the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom! We even loved the buses because we got picked up first and dropped off first compared to the Grand Floridian!
We checked in on Friday 10/29 around 1pm and immediately went to MK for the afternoon. It was not crowded at all and we went on every ride in Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Frontierland with hardly any wait time.
We met my mom for dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and had a wonderful meal, then headed back to WL to unpack and get ready for our first full day at WDW.
On Saturday 10/30 we spent all morning at AK. Once again, it was not crowded at all and we were able to ride everything we wanted to ride and meet all the characters without waiting more than 10 minutes all morning. We ate lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and headed back to WL.
We spent the afternoon at the pool and had a fun dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
Afterwards we headed over to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. We didn't realize that there would be lots of little ones trick-or-treating! Even though it was super crowded outside, the shops were practically empty! We just walked slowly and took our time in Once Upon a Toy and the Disney Store. After enjoying some ice cream at Ghirardelli, we returned home around 10pm.
On Sunday 10/31 we slept in and spent the late morning/early afternoon by the pool. We headed over to MNSSHP at 4:30pm. We had an early dinner at Crystal Palace and then it was time for the party!!!!
The party was completely sold out, so I was kind of nervous about crowds, but it was totally fine! We rode all of our favorite rides, collected candy, watched the early parade, visited most of the characters in their Halloween costumes, and watched the Hallowishes fireworks. Both the parade and the fireworks were the best we've ever experienced at MK (that includes MVMCP)! We stayed until midnight. It just so happens a WL boat was docking as we walked to the launch and we were in our room by 12:30am!
We'll probably make this an annual party. I loved the festive atmosphere and all of the imaginative costumes. Everyone was in a great mood and it made for a very fun Halloween!
We slept in the next day, packed, and hung out in the lobby a bit before boarding our ME bus for the airport.
It was a wonderful trip and a much needed break from the stresses of everyday life!
We're going back for a few days in December--we were going to stay at the GF but as soon as I got home I switched our reservation to WL--we're hooked for the time being!

Suz36
11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip! We loved MNSSHP last year - as you said, the atmosphere was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Sounds great thanks for the report

Disney4us2
11-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a great time. Good mix of parks and relaxation.:thumbsup:

Wrigley
11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! We went last year to MNSSHP on Halloween night, and we had a blast! We are also addicted to WL!

faline
11-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Great fun! As you've discovered, Wilderness Lodge is a great place to stay!

cer
11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
What a great trip. Looks like you found a new favorite resort! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
11-17-2010, 02:07 PM
What a great trip. Isn't the WL (and its location) fabulous?! Can't believe the lack of crowds you encountered - that would make for a really enjoyable vacation! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
11-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Sounds like a great trip. We're staying at WL for the first time in December --- can't wait.:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
11-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Fabulous time--our family loves MNSSHP, glad you did too!

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: