PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Trip in January

Kwesty
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm so excited. I was going through Disney withdrawal and my husband announced his sales meeting will be at CSR the last weekend in January! Hotel paid for, his flight paid for, Disney Visa points to spend -- it's perfect. Plus, it will be a nice Christmas surprise for our DD and DS!:party:

I've never been in January and this will be our first stay in CSR. Frankly, I could care less where we're staying -- we get to go!:cloud9:

I found out yesterday and have already made my ressies for restaurants: Ohanas, Sci-Fi (first time) Teppan Edo, Boma, and San Angel Inn. The rest we are going to play by ear.

My question: my DD is desperate to go to Universal to visit the Harry Potter deal. Do you think by the time January rolls around that it will be any less busy and it would it be worth a trip over there one evening? Does Universal offer an evening rate? The last time I visited Universal (yikes, 15 years ago) I was not impressed so it isn't at the top of my list but I know she would be so excited to even just walk through the area.

So excited to be planning another trip. I had to stay off Intercot because I was getting very, very jealous! It's good to be back!:thumbsup:

White Rose
11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Actually, Universal has really improved a lot from what I've heard. Granted, I haven't been back there since about 2002, but I had a really good time. I'm not a huge fan of the actual US, but Islands of Adventure is a very cool place. Lots to do in the different lands. I personally loved Jurassic Park land when went back in 2002. I'd say and give it a shot. US the original has a lot more stuff then it did fifteen years ago and Islands of Adventure is something you need to do at least once!

murphy1
11-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I am going in a couple of weeks. My kids really enjoyed IOA and especially liked the Cat in the Hat area, but this time we are excited about Harry of course. We are doing the early entry thing, I haven't seen where you can get evening tix except for special events. I grew up near Orlando and can tell you January is a great time to go. It does get cold, even freezing, so pack accordingly (of course to me anything below 70 is freezing being in the South). You might want to look at getting the 2 park one day ticket, if your kids don't ride everything. I miss all the old Alfred Hitchcock and Back to the Future stuff that used to be there. Now I just need to get over this flu bug!

Shari

Kwesty
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi! My sister's name is Shari (spelled the same way). Don't see that too often!

70 degrees sounds dreamy to me right now! :freeze:

We live near Kings Island and they have an after five reduced rate and I was keeping my fingers crossed that Universal would have something like it. We are only going to be there 3-1/2 days and don't want to waste a full day in Universal.

Hope you feel better soon!

NJGIRL
11-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Universal does not have reduced rates for after a certain time period. You can buy a one day ticket that is good from opening to closing. Their closing times vary. Most week nights during the winter it's around 6:00. Weekends around 8:00. The Jan schedule is not out yet but unless it's a holiday week that's probably what you will be seeing.

murphy1
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
You are going to love it!! I think January will be a fun and perfect time to go! I had to take my daughter to the dr. in my hometown near Tampa a couple of days after Universal, and he told us she had strep, she is doing well now.

Crow
12-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Its been a few yrs since i was at Universal..KingKong, Back to the Future still there...i havent seen MIB, SImpsons, Mummy.
and IOA i was at once a few yrs ago also. I liked Spiderman & Hulk coaster, but prefer Disney for theming
Im planning on going this coming trip since my fiancee has never been. im debating tickets also, maybe 1 day 2 park.
We are also staying at CSR in Feb so let me know how the trip is.