PDA

View Full Version : No more discounted rooms at Kidani:(

lawgirl
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Sooooo, I should have booked a 2 bedroom, but I onl booked a 1 bedroom. I used my pin code and got an amazing rate, but would love to try and get a 2 bedroom with the pin code.

I've called twice so far, and got 2 completely different answers. The first girl told me to keep calling, that someone might have a cancellation and the room would be released back into the "pin" rooms. The second girl told me that once there is a cancellation, the "pin" rooms get released back in to the rack rates (which is way out of our price range).

Does anyone know who's right? I don't want to keep calling if there is no hope of getting a discounted 2 bedroom.

Also, when we check in, what is the likelihood of them bumping us up to a 2 bedroom (if available) and not charging the regular rate? Can they do that?

DizneyRox
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Disounts are usually offered up to a certain occupancy rate. It is done to fill that resort.

If they exceed the occupancy rate, there is no more incentive needed, so you start selling at higher rates. When a cancellation occurs on a discounted rate, but the occupancy is still above the needed amount, it would be resold at the going rate, NOT the discounted rate.

I wouldn't hold your breath, unless there are a lot of cancellations, chances are you're looking at normal rates. Maybe not rack rates, but not the "pin" rate either.

Jen C.
11-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I would keep checking! We were just in this situation, but at GF. We booked SUgarloaf, even though I wanted main bldg. I went back to bookit the following morning and it was gone! Kept checking online~both with the discount, and just in general availablilty. Sure enough, 3 days into checking, a room opened up. We took it, and it must've been the only one because it was gone. Must've been meant to be, I guess!

Keep trying!!