PDA

View Full Version : Emergency ticket question PLEASE!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Ok, so, DH and I can't stay away. I know that we can upgrade tickets. Here's my very "long shot in the dark" question....

We had a 5 day ticket. we used it on 10/18 for the first time. Checked out on 10/23. We just decided that we want to go again for another 7 days within a year.

Today is the 14th day after the first day used. Can we still by some mirale upgrade the ticket to an annual pass to save some $$?

I know it's probably no but, worth asking right? :blush:

BrerGnat
11-01-2010, 03:42 PM
You're probably out of luck. I believe you have the do the AP upgrade on the last day you use the ticket at the latest, not after the last day.

Not sure if the 13 day thing even comes into play, since the tickets are fully used up at this point.

Sorry. :(

DizneyRox
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
14 days from first use. I believe that today is/was the last day you could do anything. I don't know if it's possible to do anything over the phone.

Upgrading to an AP would probably be your only real choice, the expiration date on the AP would then be 10/19/2011, I think it's 366 days usually.

CleveRocks
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
You're probably out of luck. I believe you have the do the AP upgrade on the last day you use the ticket at the latest, not after the last day.

Not sure if the 13 day thing even comes into play, since the tickets are fully used up at this point.

Sorry. :(

Respectfully, both aspects of the above are incorrect. As Rox already said, any ticket can be upgraded within 14 days of the first use of the ticket; besides, how would Disney even know what day would be your "last" day? Also, fully using up all the entitlements on a ticket does nothing to prevent the ticket from being upgraded.

To the OP:
Sorry, you're out of luck. Ticket upgrades can ONLY be done by Disney with the physical tickets in their hands. If someone is, say, 12 days from first use, they can call Disney for an address and then FedEx or Express Mail them to Disney for arrival the next day so it can be done in time. But no, sorry, they won't do it over the phone and they won't extend the deadline.

Ian
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM
CleveRocks is right ... you could, theoretically, still update it but you'd need to be in the theme parks to do it.

BrerGnat
11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry. At Disneyland, if you want to upgrade a ticket (any ticket), it has to be done the last day a ticket is valid. Guess they have different rules over at WDW.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
While it 's not guaranteed, I think you are NOT out of luck yet.

Back in June my wife and I intended to buy 8-day PH passes to see how things went on day 1 of our 7 day trip with our two year old son. We expected to have a great first day, then confirm that we were indeed going to upgrade to annual passes and come back in December.

LONG story short, it was a catastrophe. Our son behaved AWFUL and I told my wife we wouldn't be back this decade. There were times we were inches away returning home before day 3 was over.

So I get home and the bad wears off and the good replaces it. We decide to do an October trip without DS2, but were concerned about not getting the AP. I THINK I called 407-w-Disney, but it could have been some other number I found here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/)) , and explained that I failed to upgrade to an AP prior to leaving, but wanted to see if I could do it over the phone. After being transfered to Guest Relations (I think) the lady said it couldn't be done but that she could give me a "Courtesy Extension" that would allow me to go to Guest Relations at a park and get a back-dated AP and pay only the difference between what I paid for the 8-day Hopper and the cost of a regular AP.

She gave me a confirmation number and told me the extension was good thru December 20th. I went to Guest Relations, gave him the #, the old ticket, and my driver's license, and got exactly what was promised: 2 APs good thru June 2011, all for only the difference in cost b/w the origional hopper and the AP.

Like I said, it could have been that I got a really magical CM, but DON'T give up, CALL RIGHT NOW, because the fact that I called within 14 days may have made the difference with the CM being able to accommodate me.

Good Luck!!

CleveRocks
11-02-2010, 07:26 AM
That's good to know. I agree, we all can't rely on having the same opportunity, but it's good to know that it happened at least once! And thanks for all the small details, that helps.

magicofdisney
11-02-2010, 08:37 AM
CleveRocks and Goofy4TheWorld are two of the most knowledgeable assets we have when it comes to ticket information. I think the reason it stands out so strongly in my mind is because you two share the same avatar. It's uncanny.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Thank you everyone! I'll update our ticket "results" when I get them!

Goofy4TheWorld
11-02-2010, 09:27 AM
CleveRocks and Goofy4TheWorld are two of the most knowledgeable assets we have when it comes to ticket information.
:goofy: Gawsh, thanks!

[I]I think the reason it stands out so strongly in my mind is because you two share the same avatar. It's uncanny.

Off topic but poped into my mind, I don't know about CleveRocks, but I have been :ill: reading about the troubles with RnRC this month. :cry: I hope a permament solution is found (and announced) soon! :coaster:

Goofy4TheWorld
11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Thank you everyone! I'll update our ticket "results" when I get them!

Hanging on the edge of my seat.....

I'm guessing, based on your moderate resort thread, that you did not get the AP since you are going to get free dining???