PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Puck Cafe - Bummer!

DisneyFr33k
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
We've eaten their 3 past visits and have always LOVED their food. We made a dinner ressie the first day of our trip last week (Saturday, Oct 23). First of all, our waitress was HORRIBLY slow... we were there over 2 hours! And, the best item we've enjoyed was removed. When asked if they could reproduce it, we were assured by our waitress they could. What came to our table tasted like cardboard. All our meals were just standard. We are sad to say we won't go there again - unless they bring back the wonderful menu they once had.

WishingStar2006
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
That's a shame!!! Had the whole menu changed? What favorite of yours was removed?

I have a ressie there is 3 weeks and would be very disappointed is the macadamia nut crusted chicken was no longer on the menu!!!!

lynnek
11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you for your review!! We had two reservations for the same night and were trying to decide which to cancel. I think I'll get rid of this one tonight.

DisneyFr33k
11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
That's a shame!!! Had the whole menu changed? What favorite of yours was removed?

I have a ressie there is 3 weeks and would be very disappointed is the macadamia nut crusted chicken was no longer on the menu!!!!

You're alright, the macadamia chicken is still on the menu. DH had the macadamia nut crusted chicken last two years in a row (the second year he forgot he ordered it the year before!) and didn't like it either year - too dry etc. What we loved was the meatballs they used to marinade for 8 hours and serve over pasta. Our waitress said she could provide this for us and when it came it tasted like raw ground beef! It was from the kids menu, so we figure that is why. I hope your dining experience is better than ours! This restaurant was among the best of ours and now it is among the worst....:(

Darbylew
11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
We have eaten at Wolf Gang Cafe and it was
very good but this was a few years ago. We
now always eat at Wolf Gang Puck's Express
and love it. They really have great food. :thumbsup::number1:

DisneyFr33k
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
We have eaten at Wolf Gang Cafe and it was
very good but this was a few years ago. We
now always eat at Wolf Gang Puck's Express
and love it. They really have great food. :thumbsup::number1:

We'll do that the next trip too! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Gosh! I hope we have a better experience with the meatballs and spaghetti at WP Express this Sunday. Have always heard they are so good I was really looking forward to trying them. Later in the week when we go to the Cafe I hope they still have the pumpkin ravioli on the menu. That is my personal favorite thing I've ever eaten at WDW.

DisneyFr33k
11-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Gosh! I hope we have a better experience with the meatballs and spaghetti at WP Express this Sunday. Have always heard they are so good I was really looking forward to trying them. Later in the week when we go to the Cafe I hope they still have the pumpkin ravioli on the menu. That is my personal favorite thing I've ever eaten at WDW.

They've redone their menu and I don't believe the pumpkin ravioli was not on it this time. Let me know if I am wrong when you get back!

Loweschevy
11-02-2010, 10:16 AM
That's a shame, we have also had bad experiences at dinner, but lunch seems to go more smoothly.

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I just got off the phone with WP Cafe and the pumpkin ravioli are still on the menu along with the 2 other signature dishes; mac-nut crusted chicken and the cheese ravioli.
Happy dance, happy dance!:woohoo::yay::party2::clappy::high5:

DisneyFr33k
11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I just got off the phone with WP Cafe and the pumpkin ravioli are still on the menu along with the 2 other signature dishes; mac-nut crusted chicken and the cheese ravioli.
Happy dance, happy dance!:woohoo::yay::party2::clappy::high5:

Great news! :thumbsup: I am so sorry not to order the pumpkin ravioli and trust the waitress when she assured me that they could reproduce the magical meatballs.... they can't. They don't marinade them anymore and it is just plain ground beef. :(

KAT1811
11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
glad to hear this. I was thinking about trying Wolfgang on our next trip but I think now we may skip it. As for the meatballs, I have yet to taste any that compare to mine. ;) Too bad about the macadamia nut chicken I thought that sounded very good. Thank you for the review. Plus my littlest one, my little guy, would never sit for 2 hours! We like to get in and out. The waitstaff usually loves us. We sit, order right away, eat, and over tip. We're in and we're out and as a party of 6 - 8 they make pretty good money off us and get to turn our table quickly.