PDA

View Full Version : The good , the bad (aka the Jets) and the ugly , nfl week # 8

gueli
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
So do tell.
I think the refs had a much better week- I am not saying good, just better.
so tell us what you saw in week 8

The Jets:

The Good: the defense. 9 points to an very good packers offense. now this might come as a surprise- but the other good is the lack of offense. Maybe now someone (aka shottenheimer) might notice that the offense needs to..to...do something !

The Bad : The Jet offense. once again we faced stiff competion on defense and we stunk. dropped balls, poor choices, not running the ball enough- to many trick type plays (i am not even talking about a fake punt).
Fact is Mark Sancez and the rest of the offense is not getting it done.

The UGLY : OK the patriots are a better team (as of now). I have been saying they looked dangerous, and they are. while I do not think my next comment is part of the ugly - the dolphins are playing better as a team then the jets. I just dont like having to say it, but the truth is the truth :D

So what do you think...

PS chargers found a way to win...

GO JETS :number1:

#1donaldfan
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
PAY BACK !!!! That's all I can say for the Steelers pituful loss to the Saints !! We have received our payback for the bad calls and win over the Dolphins !! :ill:

Ian
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Eagles were off this week, but both my fantasy teams won! Well ... one win is official and my INTERCOT team is poised to win, so that's good enough.

Another odd week in the NFL. You know, I just can't decide if I like this version of the NFL or not. I mean, I hated it when the league was dominated by two or three dynasty-type teams and no one else had a shot, but at the same time this version of the NFL feels watered down to me. I'm almost starting to get an NBA vibe from some of these games ... like the product just isn't as good as it once was.

And what's up with teams looking like world-beaters one week and then coming out and flat-out laying an egg the next? It seems to me like work ethic and max effort in the NFL is a thing of the past. Too much sloppy play and lack of focus, if you ask me.

Pagan
11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
The Good: Solid road win. Not as close as it looked. Clemons bobbles a sure INT and it bounces into TO's hands for a Bengal TD or else the game isn't even close.

The Bad: The inability to score TDs. Second week in a row with 5 FGs. The team converts ANY of those FGs into TDs and they beat the Steelers last week (bad call or not) and run away with the game this week. This must be addressed before the Phins can run with the big boys.

The Ugly: A tie... Mike Shanagan's treatment of McNabb and LAME excuse as to why...and Randy Moss's ridiculous post game statements.

Ian
11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
The Ugly: A tie... Mike Shanagan's treatment of McNabb and LAME excuse as to why...and Randy Moss's ridiculous post game statements.Why do you call his "treatment" of McNabb ugly? He got benched because his coach doesn't have confidence in him to run the two minute offense. That's based on experience and seeing what he is and isn't capable of. It didn't work out, but it was a reasonable decision.

As far as Moss, apparently the Vikings agreed with you. They just waived Moss.

Greenlawler
11-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Titans

I hate to say I told you so but this one smelled like loss from a mile away. The Chargers are going to do their yearly re-awakening and the Titans stink on the left coast.

The Good: Not much, although it looked like the game was in control....

The Bad: Once again the defense was on the field far to long. Red zone offense struggled.

The ugly: Injuries, Britt and Young going down sealed their fate.

Going into the bye week off a loss is tough but it may be a blessing in disguise. This team has always played better backs to the wall especially after the bye week and now they face an almost must win against the Phins in Miami.

With two games against the Colts and Texans looming the Titans now need to at least split with both teams and beat Miami to be a real playoff contender. A loss to Miami would not elominate the Titans but they would then have to sweep either the Texans or the Colts. With the Colts relaxed schedule It may take 11-5 to get into the post season. If Kenny Britt is hurt for the long haul you may just forget theTitans come December.

I know they won't do it but Moss to the Titans may just be what the doctor ordered.

Pagan
11-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Why do you call his "treatment" of McNabb ugly? He got benched because his coach doesn't have confidence in him to run the two minute offense. That's based on experience and seeing what he is and isn't capable of. It didn't work out, but it was a reasonable decision.
Shanahan stated he felt Rex Grossman had a better handle on the two minute offense than McNabb.

This would only be acceptable if they signed McNabb last week, not if he's been there since April.

All Shananhan did was send a message to the rest of the team that he doesn't trust their starting quarterback when the game is on the line, and a message to McNabb himself that he's okay on the field so long as it's not in an important situation.

Oh yea, that won't cause any grumbling in the locker room.

Brilliant move.

Ian
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
But what would you have him do if he truly doesn't trust McNabb to run the offense? His completion percentage during the two minute drill this year is under 40%. That's dismal.

I mean I get what you're saying ... the timing wasn't the best and it certainly is going to cause some locker room issues, but maybe it's like "Who cares?"

If he isn't confident in McNabb then maybe he wanted to send him a wake-up call. Also, if you listened to his presser from yesterday, he also said McNabb's cardio isn't what it needs to be. That was a knock on him in Philly his entire career here.

Honestly, I just think the Redskins (and to some degree the rest of the country) are now getting exposed to the weaknesses McNabb has that most of us in Philly have known about for 12 years now.

Pagan
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Okay Shanahan is now saying he did that due to "physical exhaustion" issues, and a nagging hamstring.

If he's gunna bench him, at least be honest about it.

THAT's the part that's a mess Ian. If he feels McNabb isn't playing well enough, just come out and say it and stop being political.

Then again, it IS Election Day. :razz:

gueli
11-02-2010, 11:09 PM
and the redskins work out 2 QB's...