PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

PirateLover
11-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I meant to post about this before the premiere but forgot. Tonight was the premiere of this show on AMC, based on the comic book series of the same name. My husband has been salivating over this for quite some time. He is a huge zombie movie fan. He was not let down. They spared no expense- it really feels and looks like you are watching a movie, NOT a TV show. The story follows a Sheriff's deputy who wakes up from a coma to find the hospital empty and abandoned, only to find that the area is overrun with dead people. He runs into other survivors who give him the scoop and he goes off to look for his family. The story is great, and the special effects are better than some movies I've seen. Can't wait for next week!

Pagan
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I TIVOed this last night, can't wait to see it. Wanted to watch it SO bad but I had a house full of company and really wanted to pay attention...so tonight the lights go out and I get to enjoy it! :)

PirateLover
11-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Pagan what did you think? I am happy to hear it got record ratings for an AMC premiere- 11.6m
and it has rave reviews. Can't wait for the next episode!

magicofdisney
11-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I haven't read the previous post because my husband and I are in the middle of the first episode. My husband loves all those "living dead" movies so he could hardly wait for this. We're an hour into the premiere and so far we've been pleased. I don't know how long this show will last but I hope it picks up a large enough following to continue for a while.

Pagan
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Pagan what did you think? I am happy to hear it got record ratings for an AMC premiere- 11.6m
and it has rave reviews. Can't wait for the next episode!
I thought it was amazing...and I'm happy that they're keeping true to the graphic novels and making the people the focus of the show with the zombies being backdrops.

Just read that based on the ratings of the first two episodes they've been upped for another season already! :thumbsup: