PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House or Boma

sommer
10-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Help!!! Planning out all these reservations months in advance is getting me a little stressed. I made a reservation for Boma for the day we're at the Animal Kingdom. Now I am wondering if we'd be better off with an early (8:10) breakfast at Tusker House instead. I know my kids (9, 7 & 2 yo) would enjoy seeing the characters, but I've heard wonderful things about Boma, (& Tusker House too). Is there any advantage to eating in the park before it opens?? Any input is much appreciated! :)

AnnaMom
10-31-2010, 12:12 AM
My vote would be Boma! We have eaten at both and enjoyed both meals, We loved the different kinds of food offered at Boma. My 10 year daughter loved it! The AKL is a beautiful resort! You must go into the counter service (can not remember the name) and purchase some of their Zebra Domes!! They are delicious.

sommer
10-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks... I think I'll just stick with our Boma res. How long do you think it'll take to get there from the Animal Kingdom - the park closes at 5 that day, our reservation is for 5:30. Also, to get back to POR we'll then need to go to a park, right? We were thinking of going to DTD that evening, should we just take a bus from AKL, or would it be worth it to get back to POR to take the boat?

BugeyedMuggy
10-31-2010, 02:32 PM
You should be ok with 30 mins to get to AKL but it depends on the crowds getting out at closing. It is very quick bus ride to the resort. Maybe leave the park at 4:30 to be sure and you can see the resort. We will be there in 4 days and love the resort. So much to do and see. At nite anyone can go to it) is storytime by the firepit & night vision goggles. In the lobby is a list of daily events. As said in the previous thread the zebra domes are a must have. I believe you can get them in the dessert buffet.

ThanxForNoticin
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
As mentioned, it's a very short bus ride from AK to AKL. The bus leaves you off right by the Jambo House (make sure you exit the bus at Jambo), and it's a simple walk downstairs to get to Boma. As for your evening after Boma, I'd recommend just heading to DTD after dinner. Enjoy your evening at DTD and then perhaps consider taking the boat back to POR - or a bus, whichever works best! Have fun!

joonyer
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
The main advantage to having an early Breakfast ADR in a park is that you'll get a jump on the crowds for the most popular rides, like Kilamanjaro Safari or Expedition Everest at AK. WE were able to ride EE 5-6 times before any line built up in the queue when we had an early ADR at AK.

But the food is probably better, more choices, etc. at Boma. We enjoy Boma for dinner.