PDA

View Full Version : do you sometimes find late evenings boring?

dyin tago
10-30-2010, 06:36 PM
hi,

dw and I have been to the world 6 times,3 with our son and last 3 just us.

we are booked for 8 nights next week at pop.

we just love the parks and having cooler weather compared to september will be awesome.we are just concerned with getting bored especially in the evenings after the parks close.

we will have a car to visit other resorts,go to kissimmee etc.

does anyone else find the evenings kind of boring at times?

we have never seen food and wine festival at epcot so that will likely be fun.:mickey:

Suz36
10-30-2010, 07:07 PM
We've NEVER been bored in WDW!! We're usually so exhausted by the time the parks close, we fall right into bed. (And we are usually there during off-season/shorter hours!) But it seems there is plenty to do even after the parks close - the Boardwalk, DTD, late dinner at a resort, swimming at your resort. Since you do love park time so much, do you take advantage of the evening EMH hours to extend your day?? One warning - Food and Wine seems to get very busy the later in the day you're there.

rubato
10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
We always go in the off season and are never bored. We do early morning EMH, so by the time we close down the park, then go over to Epcot for a last ride or two, we just relax in the hottub and have a drink. Or, walk around the resort. Or go to DTD.

BrerGnat
10-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Bored? Are you serious? No way!!! :D

There is so much to do at Disney, we just never have time to do it all.

After the parks close, there is always Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk (Jellyrolls is fun!), a late night dinner/dessert/coffee/drink (your choice) at one of the resorts, hot tub time, a nice evening walk, etc.

Gator
10-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Usually the reason I'm at EMH is because I got there late or it was crowded enough to not hit everything I wanted to. Actually, I find it exciting hitting all those rides with minimal wait times.

ryca1dreams
10-31-2010, 09:47 AM
One of the best times we had was one late evening (Extra hours). It was not crowded, a little quieter, slower pace, mild weather, and just really enjoyable. I like the parks at night. It seems so much more serene, even with crowds. I need that after the hectic days.

LVT
10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
By the end of a fireworks show I am beat. We do the AM extra hour and walk for miles. I love the very late times too, but sometimes I don't last that long. When can one get bored?

MyDisneyworld
11-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't think there is ever a time to get bored at the most magical place in the world.
I am surprised that downtown Disney is not open 24/7 though. I'm sure it won't be long.....

WDWCrazyKaren
11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Us either. In all the times we've been there, boredom has never come into play. But as many of the other posters have said, they are so whipped by the end of the day, falling into bed is a blessing.

We start our days so early (we're up by 5:30AM every morning) that when Epcot closes at 9, and we get back to our rooms between 9:30 and 10:00, we've been on our feet a heck of a long time, so we don't seem to have the time to be bored!

Granny Jill A
11-01-2010, 02:18 PM
hi,
does anyone else find the evenings kind of boring at times?

I think I know what you mean. Most trips we have a jam-packed day with every golden moment planned. It's kind of a let-down to have nothing in the evenings, especially after the parks close. It took me several years to get over the feeling that I was wasting time just relaxing. :D

PinKy
11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Can't say that I've ever been bored at Disney. LOL! Exhausted yes. Bored, no.

Here are some suggestions though just in case: (and some are repeats from others - sorry - good ideas though!)

*spend an evening watching the animals by the pool at AKL. (they have a safari observation area with night vision goggles available)

*In the evenings, POR has a "bar/lounge" area set up with live jazz music.

*if you're geeky like DH and I, check out the arcade at Pop - before we had little ones we spent many a lovely evening there showing those youngsters how to "old school" the video games there with NO reset button! LOL!

*Or - go all out and spend the evening at Disney Quest! Super fun for all ages there.

* have drinks at the bar at the Contemporary Resort - fabulous view and they have an observation deck.

*take an evening dip in the pool
*resorthop to take advantage of a hot tub
*visit downtown Disney
*catch La Nouba, or stop by the House of Blues
*the Boardwalk always has a lot going on as far as street performances/shows and restaurants - I think someone mentioned Jelly Roll's already.

Have fun!:mickey:

brivers222
11-01-2010, 04:47 PM
how late does the Boardwalk stay open usually during the first few weeks of December?

Mogie
11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Yeah there are tons of things to do at night.
Try a great restaurant
Go to the Boardwalk.
Check out Downtown Disney.
Cirque de Soleil is awesome.
Check out some of the other Disney hotels eat there or have a drink and curl up in front of the TV in the lobby showing vintage Disney Cartoons :)

MickyLuver
11-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I think I know what you mean. Most trips we have a jam-packed day with every golden moment planned. It's kind of a let-down to have nothing in the evenings, especially after the parks close. It took me several years to get over the feeling that I was wasting time just relaxing. :D

I agree! I LOVE WDW but sometimes after riding, watching fireworks and the parks are closed I want a 21 and over atmosphere. That is why I really miss Pleasure Island when it was really 'Pleasure' Island. I don't know why Disney felt it was necessary to close ALL the clubs. They could have kept the 70's/80's club and at least one of the other dance clubs. Jelly Rolls is nothing like the PI places and the other club is o.k., but PI was exciting in the evening. It gave visitors extra party hours when Disney parks were closed.

I guess I too need to relax.

mickeefan
11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
In September we needed to go to the store in Germany to get something we had forgotten.
It was during the late evening hours and the lighting was so low around World Showcase you could barely see.

Ms. Mode
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
We've NEVER been bored in WDW!! We're usually so exhausted by the time the parks close, we fall right into bed. (And we are usually there during off-season/shorter hours!) But it seems there is plenty to do even after the parks close - the Boardwalk, DTD, late dinner at a resort, swimming at your resort. Since you do love park time so much, do you take advantage of the evening EMH hours to extend your day?? One warning - Food and Wine seems to get very busy the later in the day you're there.

We keep extending our time at WDW...and still run out of time to do the things we "must" do. :blush: